I need help deciding between the two.

If I get the fender, I'll get the 2x12 combo option. If I get the Marshall it'll run through a 4x12.

I'm really up for either, I play mostly Classic Rock and Blues, but some country and punk. So I need a good clean, but a full hearted OD.

Help me out.
get a Used JCM2000 DSL50 or 100.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I am a marshall guy to the core but in your case i would go to the fender to have your country cleans, your blues, and use a pedal to get that marshall sound. I have tried almost every Marshall pedal out there and for the most honest to goodness JTM45 rock n roll tone I go with the Zvex Box of Rock (used for about $100 USD) or to get a great general marshall rock sound get a Paul C Timmy (new for $129 or used for about $110).
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
the fender, however i would look and see if you can find an old black face or silver faced twin or band master or something. or even a bassman (i have a 1968 one).

if you stay with the options, the fender is the way to go. typicaly you can make a fender sound like a marshall, but i don't think you could ever get a marshall to sound like a fender .

get a catalinbred DLS and your good.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
maybe something else which has good cleans and distortion? you play a bit of a mix there. traynor ycv50b, kustom coupé, something like that might be worth a try.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hot Rod +OCD pedal and you are good. I really like the HR clean channel with pedals, never really cared for the OD channels but some get good results with them.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I'll Throw this into the mix too. I had recently bought an EVH 5150 55w. Loved all the sounds, but sent it back because channel one and 2 shared controls, and the Volume jump between the two was so much that I could never use it live.

I was able to achieve every tone I was looking for with that head. It wasn't your standard fender clean, but it was quite a marshall either. I just can't afford to shell out 1500 on one.
I'm leaning toward the Marshall. The amp will primarily be used live (some recording) as I have another amp I use for recording. Live I tend to play more straightforward rock, and heavy blues. Based on sound samples I'm thinking the Marshall is more fitting.
Quote by SkoobaStevens
I'll Throw this into the mix too. I had recently bought an EVH 5150 55w. Loved all the sounds, but sent it back because channel one and 2 shared controls, and the Volume jump between the two was so much that I could never use it live.

I was able to achieve every tone I was looking for with that head. It wasn't your standard fender clean, but it was quite a marshall either. I just can't afford to shell out 1500 on one.

If you use a MIDI switcher with the 5150 III mini you can get rid of the volume jump between ch 1 and 2
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by SkoobaStevens
I'm leaning toward the Marshall. The amp will primarily be used live (some recording) as I have another amp I use for recording. Live I tend to play more straightforward rock, and heavy blues. Based on sound samples I'm thinking the Marshall is more fitting.

If you can try and play it do that. Also im not sure about you but if you play live alot hauling around a 4x12 is a little crazy! I just never preferred the JCM 2000 series. Anywho good luck with whichever way you go.

I think one of the most undervalued marshalls is the Vintage Modern. amazing amp!
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Yes the 4x12 can be a bit much at times, but the majority of places we play at have plenty of room. That and there's just something about a Half Stack.
I've used a 4x12 for years and they are really easy to move, Casters are awesome and a must. I can move my head and 4x12 at one time by myself
You guys who bitch about 4x12's are pussies
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I've used a 4x12 for years and they are really easy to move, Casters are awesome and a must. I can move my head and 4x12 at one time by myself
You guys who bitch about 4x12's are pussies

as long as the handles are fine, i have no problem carrying a 4x12", ideally not up stairs

i like 4x12"s but i do have two 2x12"s too.

wheels are nice though.

and also some combo amps aren't much easier to move. i have a trace elliot speed twin (made in brittan prior to gibson's purchase_ 92lbs for a 1x12" combo. however it is the same exact cab for 1x12" and 2x12" combos just cutting the center, not the sides. it is a BITCH to carry, and you only have one hand on top. i would rather carry something with two handles. but that is the extreme.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you want something versatile I would suggest the fender amp. I got a hot rod deluxe with an enclosure instead of the deville but I have played quite a number of times on both before purchasing. To get a great OD/distortion sound I use a Tube screamer. Also, in the effects loop I use an MXR M108. This amp has great Clean too.

I have a Marshall too and it sounds great, but it is not as versatile. It has a 'set' of sounds and its really nice, but once you try to do something strange with it it may not respond as well as the fender.