So school is done for a bit, now I want to gear up again.

I got PRS Tremonti SE with zakk wylde EMGs in it (wasn't my idea)

Stock Orange Micro Terror into a Kustom 1x12 (will probably replace the speaker.)

Budget is whatever, just trying to get a sweet bedroom setup, no gigs.

First question was the tube in my micro terror. Was wondering if I could find something that is better than the ECC835 JJ tube that is in there.

I play jazz up to black metal, by the way.

After that, pedals. I know I want at the very least, a tubescreamer, an EQ, and a noise gate. I'm open to suggestions, though I am kind of dead set on just getting a TS7 and giving it the 808 mod. (No rack gear please)

I'm in Notre Dame, Indiana. Can travel as far as Grand Rapids/Lansing or all the way to Chicago for good deals.

Basically, I'm just looking for suggestions of what to get.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Get a new amp
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Get a new amp

+1. I'd bet the tiny terror would smoke the micro terror if you dig the orange sound. Besides that, get a looper. A looper makes playing with yourself even funner! (Tehehe).
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
+1. I'd bet the tiny terror would smoke the micro terror if you dig the orange sound. Besides that, get a looper. A looper makes playing with yourself even funner! (Tehehe).

I'd probably get something else if I was gonna drop 600 on an amp
Quote by Guitarbaddie
What is wrong with the micro terror?

The sound is OK, but nothing great at all. And for the range of music you play I'd suggest a used Line 6 Flextone II/III or Vetta I/II They can be had cheap used these days

Here is a vetta II with FBV longboard for $350 www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-LINE-6-VETTA-W-FS-109925723-i3662217.gc
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at May 1, 2014,
Gc has vox delay labs for a hundred bucks...
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
Gc has vox delay labs for a hundred bucks...

I am interested in a delay some time down the road, never heard of vox delay labs though.

Probably gonna keep my amp though.
Fair enough but you got till the 18th.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
If you aren't going to get a new amp, I'd recommend a Multi FX unit. I'm a fan of the POD HD500. Like $300 used. That will make your setup much more versatile and suited for your needs.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
JSX combo?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/