I recently got my ESP LTD EC-1000 setup. I was speaking to an employee at the music store and told me he wasn't sure what type of strings I should use for drop C and that the tech would put on what he thought was best.

The tech put 12-59 gauge strings on my guitar. Someone at the store told me it's a custom set. I would need to purchase a set of 12-54 strings and replace the 54 string with a 59 string that I would need to purchase separately. The strings would end up costing extra.

My question is, is that 59 string necessary? Could I just use the 12-54 set next time I re string? The guitar was setup for 12-59 gauge strings. The 59 string also doesn't feel right in the set. Would there be any tension issues or any issues on the guitar if I used 12-54 if it was setup for 12-59?
There would be. Best bet is to have the store or the tech set it up for 12-52.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Archer250
There would be. Best bet is to have the store or the tech set it up for 12-52.

Would it affect my guitar? It's only the lowest string.
The intonation would be a little different. Just a saddle adjustment really. The 54 will be a little looser and flubbier than what you have now, but it won't be a HUGE difference.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
The intonation would be a little different. Just a saddle adjustment really. The 54 will be a little looser and flubbier than what you have now, but it won't be a HUGE difference.

It would be best if a bridge adjustment was made if I was using the 54 instead of the 59? Would I raise the bridge?
Honestly, you would probably get away with not adjusting it. Technically you;re supposed to move the saddle of that string every so slightly closer to the neck. I'm sure you'll be fine though.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9