Page 1 of 3
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-presenter-3480875

In the unseen footage – which was later edited out of the show – the £1million a year TV host is seen swinging his finger between two cars, while reciting a racist version of a children’s counting rhyme.

Clarkson can be heard chanting: “Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...” He then mumbles: “Catch a n***** by his toe”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-host-3484849

He also made a video statement via his Twitter account:

"Ordinarily I don't respond to newspaper allegations but on this occasion I feel I must make an exception.

"A couple of years ago I recorded an item for Top Gear in which I quoted the rhyme "eeny meeny miny moe". Now of course I was well aware that in the best known version of this rhyme there is a racist expression that I was extremely keen to avoid.

"The full rushes show that I did three takes. In two I mumbled where the offensive word would normally occur and in the third I replaced it altogether with the word teacher.

"Now when I viewed this footage several weeks later I realised that in one of the mumbled versions, if you listen very carefully with the sound turned right up, it did appear that I'd actually used the word I was trying to obscure.

"I was mortified by this. Horrified. It is a word I loathe and I did everything in my power to make sure that version did not appear in the programme that was transmitted. In fact I have here the note I sent at the time to the production office and it says: 'I didn't use the n-word here but I've just listened through my headphones and it sounds like I did. Is there another take that we could use?'

"Please be assured I did everything in my power to not use that word. And, as I'm sitting here begging your forgiveness for the fact that obviously my efforts weren't quite good enough. Thank you."

Naturally Piers Morgan, among others, chimed in.

What do you think of this? PC gone too far?

I personally don't hear him say it, certainly not well enough to think "did he really just say that?"
Sounds like gibberish.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I'm far more inclined to believe his statement than that shitstain of a paper that you linked to.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

at least he didn't actually say "the n word" that would've been so much worse

rubbish. what an utter pillock. he's just one big massive orangutan with yellow teeth.
pinga
How does backlash against a presumed use of an extremely racist slur even remotely beg the question "PC gon 2 far?".
Quote by Trowzaa
I'm far more inclined to believe his statement than that shitstain of a paper that you linked to.

I take it you're a fan of the Daily Mirror?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
How does backlash against a presumed use of an extremely racist slur even remotely beg the question "PC gon 2 far?".

Muttering it almost inaudibly under his breath in front of a few people who were filming, shit, better hang, draw and quarter him now.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

how dare PC take away my right to say offensive things!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
didn't even know that word was in the rhyme. I've always known it as 'tiger'
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by Trowzaa
Muttering it almost inaudibly under his breath in front of a few people who were filming, shit, better hang, draw and quarter him now.

Not to mention it was an outtake that he specifically didn't want to use in the show for this exact reason.
In the clip, he sounds like a drunk possessed guy.

If you didn't already know what the rhyme was in the first place, you wouldn't have even considered that he said it.

EDIT:
Quote by Baby Joel

Also, this.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Last edited by SGstriker at May 2, 2014,
Quote by SGstriker
In the clip, he sounds like a drunk possessed guy.

If you didn't already know what the rhyme was in the first place, you wouldn't have even considered that he said it.

EDIT:

Also, this.

not to mention it isn't even the common, modern version of the rhyme
Quote by Baby Joel

This.

But if you're on camera, you probably shouldn't even jokingly say that.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Who the hell cares? There's been like 4 "SOMEONE USED THE 'N-WORD'" stories articles this week.

It's a word, get off it already...

EDIT - watched the video... are you fucking kidding me? THAT is what people are outraged about??
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at May 2, 2014,
Quote by lolmnt
how dare PC take away my right to say offensive things!

Seriously! Won't somebody please think of the white people :C
Quote by Skynyrd890
Who the hell cares? There's been like 4 "SOMEONE USED THE 'N-WORD'" stories articles this week.

It's a word, get off it already...

haha oh boy

Quote by Skynyrd890

EDIT - watched the video... are you fucking kidding me? THAT is what people are outraged about??

for real

it doesn't even sound like anything
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at May 2, 2014,
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Why is this surprising? It's Jeremy Clarkson after all.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by Hardlycore
We're talking about the word Nintendo right?
No, 'Nitro'

it is a car show after all
ggg1 ggg3

Jeremy Clarkson shot a flame thrower off the back of a gigantic snow plow while they ran over cars, he can do/say whatever the hell he wants to.
He probably blurted out "goddamn nigga that's fast!" while driving an M5. Can't blame him.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Trowzaa

clarkson is like the daily mail in person form though, which is worse

Quote by MinterMan22
at least he didn't actually say "the n word" that would've been so much worse

agre

Quote by thenextkirk92
PC gone too far

jesus wept
Last edited by captainsnazz at May 2, 2014,
Fine him a trillion dollars and ban him from the world

Quote by Xiaoxi
He probably blurted out "goddamn nigga that's fast!" while driving an M5. Can't blame him.

lol
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at May 2, 2014,
Oh well I guess we'd better end the career of this long-time beloved and cherished bringer of laughs and joy.
If he said "nigga" that's fine. It's offensive if you said "nigger" but "nigga" is a term of endearment. For example, "Can you lend a nigga a pencil?".
Quote by captaincrunk
not to mention it isn't even the common, modern version of the rhyme

He is old.

I think he's an utter twat but I'll echo trow's thoughts.
Page 1 of 3