Hi all, I've been practicing guitar for 2 years and I'm stuck in a rut.
I want to develop my lead guitar chops so I would like to know which program I should be following.
I've heard JP's Rock Discipline and Troy Stetina's Speed Mechanics and Fretboard Mastery are really good programs to develop chops.
Which program should I follow?

And how do I develop a practice routine based on a program as it covers several topics having numerous exercises.

Thanks!
I loved Rock Discipline. I wish JP would make another one. :P

As far as developing a routine based off it, you could literally just take all the exercises and practice them for whatever you're working on. If you're doing alternate picking for example, just take a bunch of the alt picking exercises from Rock Discipline and go at them with a metronome. (JP covers how to really improve using a metronome in Rock Discipline I might add)

With that being said, I don't think I've seen Troy Stetina's thing you were talking about. I have a book/dvd of his but it's sub-par compared to Rock Discipline.
i haven't seen rock discipline but troy stetina's stuff normally gets a good rep (though it can get complex pretty quickly). i think rock discipline has a good rep, too.

that was no help. i doubt you'll go too far wrong with either, in other words.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by saulwwe90
Hi all, I've been practicing guitar for 2 years and I'm stuck in a rut.
I want to develop my lead guitar chops so I would like to know which program I should be following.
I've heard JP's Rock Discipline and Troy Stetina's Speed Mechanics and Fretboard Mastery are really good programs to develop chops.
Which program should I follow?

And how do I develop a practice routine based on a program as it covers several topics having numerous exercises.

Thanks!

Rock Discipline is excellent for exercises. I can't imagine needing any else as far as basic chops are concerned - JP has that covered.

Pick the exercises that you prefer and start there. legato and alternate picking are certainly more functionally useful than arpeggios, depending on the style you're looking to play. I'm pretty sure JP talks about how to approach using his video in the actual video, if memory serves.