Please,
guide me through tragedy.

I am in love.
Love…
In love with the darkness.

And I live my story –
Here,
Within this and only this.
this is a great example of the prose getting in the way of the poetry. everything in this piece is stated and not shown or illustrated, which is a fatal flaw in poems. this is not to say that you have to be abstract and non-declarative to write poems; but rather, i don't think a poem can really stand on its own if all it is doing is moving the story along, so to speak. with this piece, i feel that way: all the moves you make move us down the path but without stopping to admire the flowers, or the views, or the complexities of such a journey. this reads like a narrative more than an expression of a narrative (can i even say that?), and i think it falls in on itself because it lacks an awareness of what surrounds the narrative.

jesus. hope that makes sense.

but even more, there's a lot of weak work choice here. many of your phrases and words don't seem deliberate, or they don't elicit the effect that i feel you're trying to elicit. other times, you come out and simply state what's going on, a la "let the thoughts flow." that's an extremely weak way to express such an idea. you could paint an image, or evoke a scene, or a feeling that comes from such a state: to announce that idea so obviously feels like we've crept up upon some rare animal sleeping and then you barge in with a megaphone. perhaps more tact and deftness to the phrases and words could tighten this up.

i apologize if this comes across overly harsh. i don't mean to demean your writing or you nor your ideas. as well, feel free to tell me to fu.c.k off. it's just my opinion. maybe i don't love it, but that doesn't matter if you do.

thanks for the read. cheers.
Quote by hippieboy444
this is a great example of the prose getting in the way of the poetry. everything in this piece is stated and not shown or illustrated, which is a fatal flaw in poems. this is not to say that you have to be abstract and non-declarative to write poems; but rather, i don't think a poem can really stand on its own if all it is doing is moving the story along, so to speak. with this piece, i feel that way: all the moves you make move us down the path but without stopping to admire the flowers, or the views, or the complexities of such a journey. this reads like a narrative more than an expression of a narrative (can i even say that?), and i think it falls in on itself because it lacks an awareness of what surrounds the narrative.

jesus. hope that makes sense.

but even more, there's a lot of weak work choice here. many of your phrases and words don't seem deliberate, or they don't elicit the effect that i feel you're trying to elicit. other times, you come out and simply state what's going on, a la "let the thoughts flow." that's an extremely weak way to express such an idea. you could paint an image, or evoke a scene, or a feeling that comes from such a state: to announce that idea so obviously feels like we've crept up upon some rare animal sleeping and then you barge in with a megaphone. perhaps more tact and deftness to the phrases and words could tighten this up.

i apologize if this comes across overly harsh. i don't mean to demean your writing or you nor your ideas. as well, feel free to tell me to fu.c.k off. it's just my opinion. maybe i don't love it, but that doesn't matter if you do.

thanks for the read. cheers.

Hmmm... agree to disagree

I do appreciate your criticism, I have been experimenting with styles, and this was one of those experiments... perhaps a failed experiment

Or maybe the style just doesn't connect with you... who knows? That is what I find so wonderful about poetry.
Please do write another "the pipeline" although I know it's difficult to do. (yes, I still read it from time to time)
Anyways....I could see this, and it leaves me with an odd remark as of, it's cool , but it doesn't give me much in the end. But you don't have to write like a god every time though, short proses like this are nice to do from time to time, but I guess my critique to this would be. Don't let an genuine idea get ahead of you, always dwell on it first, until you know for certain it's real.
You're not making me believe "I" is in love with the darkness.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching