I have a Yamaha FD01S acoustic guitar, and some of the higher frets (like fret 11-12) on the third and fourth string really buzz. What adjustment should I make to it? Is it safe to do myself? thanks.

Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Well, you have to know a front view of the guitar is worthless, (nice guitar though), at least with respect to the issues you're having.

What I think you should do, is read this: http://thbecker.net/guitar_playing/guitars_and_setup/setup_page_01.html (at least twice), make darned sure you understand it, then come back with a plan. Which at that point, we'll help you with.

My point being, when you fully understand the precise measurements and angles to which an acoustic guitar has to adhere to play its best, you'll be able to answer your own question.

But, buzzing is caused by the strings being too close to the frets. Whether it's being caused by the saddle being too low, or insufficient relief in the neck, is what you need to figure out. The soundboard could also be sunken in front of the bridge, causing the strings to be too close to the fret board.

Truss rod adjustments are generally very minor, and they're not used to control the gross height of the strings above the fret board, AKA "action". That's what the white jobbie in front of the string pins is for. If it turns out to be too low, you can add shims under it.

The neck would have to be bent toward the strings, to cause the problem you're describing.
Last edited by Captaincranky at May 2, 2014,