So whenever I try to play octave slides like this:

e|------------------------------|
B|------------------------------|
G|-11/9-x-x--13/14-13--11/9-----|
D|-x----x-x--x-----x---x--------|
A|-9-/7-x-x--11/12-11--9-/7-----|
E|-0----0-0--0-----0---0--------|

Half the time I always go back another fret or mess up somehow on the slides, any suggestions? Thanks.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Just takes practice. If you practice it enough, octaves will pretty much become muscle memory and the fret steps will just feel natural. Just keep working at it.

Also, those are all whole step octaves, so both notes being played are the same, just a whole step higher (A4 and A5 for example). So learning the scale, in your case its either a basic blues scale or a pentatonic, will get you used to the notes to play. Then its just a matter of fingering the octave up from the root note.

Here's an article from UG for octaves: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/music_theory/octaves_for_beginners.html?no_takeover
Last edited by calnix at May 2, 2014,
i find hybrid picking can make octaves a lot easier. I tend to do that for handiness.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?