Good morning all

Ok so ive got a 1984 Fender jap strat. Ive put a thread on here trying to get rid of it but had no intrest. any ideas where a good place to put it would be?

thanks
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
im in the uk btw
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Reverb.com is a solid option.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
ebay? obvious but the odds are more people would see it there than anywhere else.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
ok thanks people
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Are mid 80s Jap Strats considered vintage now? Yours is old but really 50s and 60s are the vintage era for Fender.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil
Are mid 80s Jap Strats considered vintage now? Yours is old but really 50s and 60s are the vintage era for Fender.

I would say no. Certainly not much high $$ collector value so far. There were some very nice players in that era and the JP guitars might be the best quality of the lot.

Now a real 1954 Fender Telecaster....
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at May 2, 2014,
Vintage is not the same as old, this is the trap that people fall into. It's a term used to identify a particularly exceptional period or year for something. CBS era Strats don't fall into that period even if there are exceptional examples from outside the 'vintage' era.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Nice! Those Kahler MIJ's were only made from '84-'87. That's not exactly a selling point, however. The '85 and '86 runs of Contemporary Strats that had the Schaller got way better reviews and definitely out-sold the Kahler version. I think it probably had more to do with looks than anything (who doesn't love a painted headstock on their MIJ?), because the Kahler is a solid trem.

Depending on the color, I'm sure you could net about $400-$500 for it. The Kahler's I've seen sell for the same as just about every other MIJ.

P.S. I had an '85 Contemporary Strat. That era for Fender was really hit or miss, but the gems really do shine.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
thanks people sorry if i mislabeled im gonna put it on deathbay tomorrow
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Quote by damm_punks
Ok so ive got a 1984 Fender jap strat.

and a flair for racism.
Quote by Mephaphil
Are mid 80s Jap Strats considered vintage now?

you too. nice phil.

and actually yes they are by a lot of people. not really "vintage fenders" as much as "vintage japanese fenders". because the vintage era for japanese guitars is pretty much 1970s to the mid to late 80s.
Yeek!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by JustRooster
Imagine if Fender had a Nigerian factory...

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I wasn't aware that was a racist term. Maybe informing me instead of accusing me though, huh? As it's more likely innocent ignorance than anything else, It's not a term that is used here and probably isn't loaded like it is in the States so I really just followed suit, as abbreviations are in no way precursors for racism; Aussie or Scot for example.

However, if it causes offence then I'm happy to ban it from my vocabulary. It's not something I would naturally use as it's not a common term to describe the people here.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Last edited by Mephaphil at May 2, 2014,
Quote by Mephaphil
I wasn't aware that was a racist term. Maybe informing me instead of accusing me though, huh? As it's more likely innocent ignorance than anything else, It's not a term that is used here and probably isn't loaded like it is in the States so I really just followed suit, as abbreviations are in no way precursors for racism; Aussie or Scot for example.

However, if it causes offence then I'm happy to ban it from my vocabulary. It's not something I would naturally use as it's not a common term to describe the people here.

Don't be a Jew
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Mephaphil

to be honest, nor i. "jap" referring to a person could maybe be, but with guitars, or something manufactured and not living i don't know , its just short hand typing too.

i think he was maybe being playful ? i don't know.

there are worse phrases about asians some japanese specifically some that are generalized.

to the end, +3.1415
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Mephaphil
Vintage is not the same as old, this is the trap that people fall into. It's a term used to identify a particularly exceptional period or year for something. CBS era Strats don't fall into that period even if there are exceptional examples from outside the 'vintage' era.

+1 i have some old gear, two 1982 kalamazoo gibsons, old yes, but not vintage.

now i have 5 or 6 1950's-early-1960's classicals. those would be considered vintage.

people have considered (correct me if i am wrong) but pre 1979 vintage in general, but i have played for 10ish years and vintage was pre 1979 then too.

i agree age and vintage are different, rare is different as well. could be either. or neither.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
to be honest, nor i. "jap" referring to a person could maybe be, but with guitars, or something manufactured and not living i don't know , its just short hand typing too.

i think he was maybe being playful ? i don't know.

there are worse phrases about asians some japanese specifically some that are generalized.

to the end, +3.1415

Yea, I'm not sure how much racism you can apply to an inanimate object, especially when it's not intended, and when the person who uses it isn't racist, But it depends on how loaded the word is culturally. Shortening the word Pakistani and using it in any context would be pretty deplorable here, so I see the point and have taken it on board.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

And yet, just down the street from ME is the Indo-Pak grocery store!

I's not the same as the two syllable abbreviation that was used by moronic white nationalists while they beat the shit out of anyone from Asia.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Ah- THAT abbreviation- gotcha.

Yeah, pretty bad here, too.

it's a strat, but it doesn't think you're all racists. however, for a strat is is very good. don't call it vintage or jap, just plug it into a stereo amp if it works.