I would like to buy a new electric guitar, but the problem is I do not know which to choose from these: Gibson SG '70s Tribute, Gibson M-III, Ibanez RG655 Prestige, Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus EX, Paul Red Smith SE Floyd Custom 24, Jackson KVMGQ Pro Series King V, B.C. Rich Warbeast NJ Deluxe, B.C. Rich Warlock NJ Deluxe, Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR , ESP LTD MH-1000FR, Kramer Assault 220 Plus EMG w/Floyd, Charvel Desolation DX-1 FR, DBZ Guitars Bird of Pray FM3-FR, Dean Custom 550 Floyd.
You're not going to delete this thread too are you?

I don't know how you expect anyone to help you narrow that huge choice of instruments suitable for such a wide range of styles with no information at all.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at May 2, 2014,
From that list, the PRS.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
What if he wants to play ragtime on it?
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

from a sort of objective quality point of view, I'd say one of the first 3 (and maybe the ltd 1000 would qualify too )

but yeah it's hard to advise when we don't know what you play, it's like asking us what car is best when you don't tell us if you're going to be doing city driving, formula 1 racing or off-road stuff.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Motorbike.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

I play all rock and metal geners. I listen to: AC/DC, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, All That Remains, Arch Enemy, Asking Alexandria, Avenged Sevenfold, Battlecross, Beastie Boys, Behemoth, Billy Idol, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Black Tide, Bon Jovi, Buckethead, Bullet For My Valentine, Children of Bodom, Chuck Berry, Cream, Deep Purple, Dio, Disturbed, DragonForce, Elvis Presley, Eric Clapton, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Halestorm, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, John 5, Judas Priest, Kamelot, Killswitch Engage, Kiss, Korn, Lamb of God, Led Zeppelin, Lenny Kravitz, Linkin Park, Living Colour, Los Lobos, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marilyn Manson, Megadeth, Metallica, Michael Angelo Batio, MindFlow, Motörhead, Mountain, Nirvana, Ozzy Osbourne, Pandora101, Paramore, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Poison, Queen, Rage Against the Machine, Ram Jam, Rusty Cooley, Scorpions, Serj Tankian, Sex Pistols, Skillet, Slayer, Slipknot, Sonata Arctica, Steve Ouimette, Survivor, Symphony X, System of a Down, Tenacious D, The Beatles, The Doors, The Exploited, The Killers, The Offspring, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Tokio Hotel, Trust, Van Halen, Yard Birds, Yngwie Malmsteen, ZZ Top etc.
Last edited by ognjenmijatov at May 2, 2014,
SG 70s tribute or Warlock.
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
I like to have certain guitars for different music. For example, I prefer a certain guitar for All that Remains, Slipknot, Hatebreed, etc. But when I'm playing softer music like kenny wayne shepherd, ac/dc, or guns n' roses, I like to use my SG. That's just me of course. But your best bet before asking which to choose from is to narrow it down to 5 guitars maximum. You listed bands you like, also think of what body style, pickups (passive-active, single coil-dual coil), frets, bridge (tune-o-matic, Floyd Rose, etc.), and more. Details my friend
Ah ok. I stick with what I said, then.

Quote by Mephaphil
Motorbike.

LOL
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Out of that list, OP only listens to Survivor.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

I remember a day when a musician (guitar player) would buy a guitar based on how it sounds to him/her and MOST importantly how it felt.

I have made the mistake of purchasing "signature" models or buy a particular guitar cuz somebody in someband played it and it sounded like _____.

The fact is Eddie Van Halen sounds like EVH cuz of how he plays and not so much what he plays. You gotta remember all of the processing that goes into the produced song you're listening to/replicating.

I'd say if you like a certain type of general tone/sound, then go in that direction. But I think you're personal taste and feel is way more important than jumpin on here asking what everybody else thinks ( not that I dont love each and every one of u and respect your opinion. ) . My advise to all guitarist is go INTO the store, PICK up the guitar, PLAY the guitar. I'm tired of guys/gals buying guitar online or where ever and NEVER even played the thing.

BE YOU!