Hi all,

I'm looking for a guitar with these features and wondered if anyone could advise:

Basswood Body
Humbucker in the bridge (I will replace anyway)
Thickness at 1st Fret: 19mm
Nut width: 42mm
Jumbo Frets
Scale: 25.5"

Fixed bridge or Tremolo doesn't bother me too much. Cost isn't a major issue either unless it's really expensive or a worthless piece of garbage. I'm hoping there's a production model that meets these specs before going custom. I don't mind too much about the rest of the pup arrangement (if any).

If it helps, I listen to music ranging from Periphery and Skyharbor to Muse so mostly metal with some regard for ambient clean sections.

My current main guitars are an Ibanez RGD2120z and a Sumer Metal Driver 610

Cheers!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at May 2, 2014,
Basically you want an Ibanez. Their medium-tier RG tremolo has exactly these specs.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Yeah, you just spec'd an RG.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
The MusicMan Petrucci signatures also have these specs. Look for the original JP6 (which is considered one of the best in his series), or the cheaper-but-still-quality Sterling by MusicMan JP50, JP60 or JP100. I own one and they are great with the stock pickups, better with the Dimarzio CrunchLab/LiquiFire or Vai EVOS pickups.

I chose the Petrucci over the RG back then because of the non-floyd tremolo, but its still superior in stability than the floating Fender ones. Also the ergonomics are better than the straight edged RG, IMO.
AGEGBand
Guitar / Bass / Keyboard / Back Vocals

Sterling JP50, Fender CP Jazzmaster, Danelectro Danoblaster 12 strings, Aria 5102T, Epiphone LP STD 7 string => Carvin V3M

Peavey Cirrus BXP-5 => Trace Elliot GP7SM250

Korg X50
There you have it.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by JustRooster
What's your budget, and what's your amp?

He said he doesn't care unless it's worthless or priceless. And forget about the amp, he's clearly looking for playability, not a specific tone.
Gear:
Quote by Archer250
He said he doesn't care unless it's worthless or priceless. And forget about the amp, he's clearly looking for playability, not a specific tone.

Amps are important to know so you can pick a guitar that will jive with it. Also, what is considered expensive is a relative term. Some think it's $800, some think it's $3,000.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think an MIJ jagmaster would fit the first three standards at least.
Call me Kerouac
Have you tried any guitars that you like? Forget about the specs you believe you want. What have you played that FEELS good?
There's a few good suggestions here, but a Fender Jazzmaster feels completely different than an Ibanez RG and the specs are pretty similar.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Last edited by ryanbwags at May 2, 2014,
Those specs are similar to the Sumer Metal Driver I already own. I just prefer basswood bodies to alder and the feel of jumbo frets.

Also, RG necks are a tad wider but slimmer. They sometimes feel a little anorexic to me.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at May 2, 2014,