Hey everyone! This is my first post at UG.

I'm looking for some advice on how to avoid the taxing act of tap dancing around while changing pedals. I want to be able to focus on my stage performance and relax, rather than stress myself out over perfect timing on hitting several switches. I have a few tones that require several pedals to be turned on at the same time and would like to be able to quickly switch from one distinct tone to another.

Most recent attempt was using a livewire ABY switch:

Tuner > Digitech Whammy > Boss Octave > Livewire ABY switch > Channel 1 / 2

Channel 1: Digitech Synth Wah > Fulltone OCD (overdrive) > Crybaby Wah > Delay > Verbzilla > Normal channel 1 on Fender Bassman (AMP)

Channel 2: Big Muff
> Bright channel 2 Fender Bassman (AMP)

Pros:
-Able to avoid the OCD & Synth Wah interacting with the Big Muff
-Quickly switch between softer OCD and thick/heavy Big Muff
-Can play two channels simultaneously

Cons:
-SIGNIFICANT tone loss! I believe this is because the ABY is splitting the signal in half. I've read how some people use a buffer to correct this? Does anyone have experience?
-I lose my wah, delay, and reverb on Channel 2.

Ideally, I'd like to find a switch (if it exists) for a one button, zero-tone sucking loop switch. So 1 button would switch between my OCD and Big Muff tone and then rejoin the signal to hit the wah, delay, and verb. Many loop switches I've seen are built with separate buttons for channel A and B. I really have no use of engaging both channels at the same time. One click is the goal here.

Price isn't as big of an issue as making my life easier. Tone preservation is also extremely important. Would love any advice or solutions!

Thanks!
Do you like soldering irons?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Do you like soldering irons?

Not my strong suit.

Here's what I have in mind:
Attachments:
AB SWITCH.jpg
You want a pedal with two independent bypass loops. That's not unheard of, but I don't know of any mass produced models available. What's your budget? For the right price there's any number of people on here that could build one.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Hot damn, customizations! How much would some quality work go for from an independent?
I can't quote for anybody, but I'll post the request where a few qualified guys look.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
The MXR M198 does that, plus the option of engaging both.
I don't really know of any looper without that option, so yeah, I'd ask somebody to build one, it might even cost less money if you don't want the "both" feature.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by danO89
Not my strong suit.

Here's what I have in mind:

Providence PEC4 will do this spot on. Buffered, ground lift. Exactly what you want. One of the Lehle's will do it too.
Last edited by jakey333 at May 5, 2014,
The OP says clearly two amps channels- beware about this- you need both a phase switch and a ground lift. Good stuff has these- things like the Radial, Lehle's gigrig and so on.

There is a little more to this than soldering 3 jacks and a switch together as suggested by someone above!!
Last edited by jakey333 at May 5, 2014,
Quote by jakey333
The OP says clearly two amps channels- beware about this- you need both a phase switch and a ground lift. Good stuff has these- things like the Radial, Lehle's gigrig and so on.

There is a little more to this than soldering 3 jacks and a switch together as suggested by someone above!!

Jakey,

I was just telling my previous attempt. Ideally, I'd only be running through 1 channel. I'm more looking for a CLEAN/ DIRTY selector. Not necessarily a box that I'd have to Turn off Loop 1, then turn on Loop 2.

Gary,

That is a 1 and/or 2. I want a 1 OR 2 switch.

When it comes to phase switches, lifts, buffers, you might as well be speaking in another language. I'm trying to learn though!

http://www.loop-master.com/product_info.php?cPath=39&products_id=278

In theory, this link above from loop-master is EXACTLY what I want. Will I lose tone? Do I need something with more to it? (Grounds, phase switches, buffers...) Dying for the ability to seamlessly switch channels without having to ride both at once for that quick second. I feel like there should be a bigger demand for a product like this..?

Thanks for the replies everyone!