1997 Fender American Telecaster Plus Deluxe Version II.

OH my GOD. i don't even know where to start. Lace pickups sure did n't disapoint. it has a nice extra switch. it sounds so beautiful. there is literally NO wear, everything has aged perfectly. the neck is like butter. like seriously. every note perfect. nice case too. unfortunately i do not have the other tele at this house so no comparison shot.

the other tele is a 2011 60th anniversary Tele. will be converted to nashville style. here is a pic of the other. it had a NGD last week.

likely will get a black pickguard.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
sweet

I saw your first thread but I didn't know how to help, I can't decide what I want when it comes to decisions like that, let alone helping anyone else
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet

I saw your first thread but I didn't know how to help, I can't decide what I want when it comes to decisions like that, let alone helping anyone else

thanks. ****ing amazing guitar. oddly enough i threw it into the Fryette on the high gain channel with the internal boost, and it actually pulled metal well . i have other guitars for that but this one is for a different purpose.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Freeert reeeereeer! (<whistle) I can almost feel the buttery soft fretboard through the Internet! HNTD!
There was a time when I despised teles, then I actually picked up and played a good one. Now I have 3, all with completely different setups. Love 'em!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Wooooo- HAAHHHH!

Nice Telecaster, classic+. Should get you a selection of tones from Buck Owens to John 5.

OK...maybe John 3.5.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Love that deluxe. A lot. I'm incredibly curious about how the in-between sounds are.

You've really upgraded your rig since from when I was a regular on here. No more budget or low watt tube amps for you.
Where is the metal?

Nice guitar and glad you like it!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by lucky1978
Freeert reeeereeer! (<whistle) I can almost feel the buttery soft fretboard through the Internet! HNTD!
There was a time when I despised teles, then I actually picked up and played a good one. Now I have 3, all with completely different setups. Love 'em!

same story here. i remember just not liking them at all, i remember i was in a bar and i am thinking that thing is so damn ugly. probably within a week i bought one, it was an MIM. i traded it for an Gibson SG and i got both cases and $100. guy had no idea what he was doing.

but now, i bought one like two weeks ago and got hooked. and picked up this one. what setups are you using?

thanks for the whistle.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at May 2, 2014,
HNGD! Absolutely stunning. No likely you will, but lmk if you ever want to sell it, I'm in tampa too
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Wooooo- HAAHHHH!

Nice Telecaster, classic+. Should get you a selection of tones from Buck Owens to John 5.

OK...maybe John 3.5.

thanks danny. yes it surprisingly does pretty nice on the fryette with the lead channel (with boost0 it was actually pretty heavy sounding.

maybe John pi 3.1415. the cleans are great, the fryette has a really broad options for clean, and it was dialed in for smooth metal cleans, but i flipped a few switches and re eq'd and it gets this really nice fat spank to it.

the only thing that surprised me is that the neck pickup is hotter than i would have guessed. but i love it.

Quote by patriotplayer90
Love that deluxe. A lot. I'm incredibly curious about how the in-between sounds are.

You've really upgraded your rig since from when I was a regular on here. No more budget or low watt tube amps for you.

thanks. the in between sounds are pretty good, the neck and middle is IMO better then the middle and bridge, but both do it great. i am still unsure of what that little switch is, but it audibly changes something.

thanks on the gear too, not too much on the budget gear any more, i have probably gone through a ton of guitars since you have been here.

i am setting myself a stopping point with guitar soon. a USA strat (have an MIM '95) and a fourth RG Prestige will wrap me up. then if i buy something i have to sell something.

anyways, how have you been? where did you go?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at May 2, 2014,
Now you just have to lift the action and play slide on it.

HNGD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Now you just have to lift the action and play slide on it.

HNGD

i play my slide on an '82 Gibson Sonex, i think i picked it up for like $200 -$250, and it needs a refret, and i am not comfortable doing it myself, and don't want to put more money into it, so i jacked up the action and play slide with it . Dirty Fingers and slide work great.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I'm doing a similar thing with my old Blazer. Its days of being used normally are pretty much over, I've played it to death, but as a backup slide guitar it is fine. I just chucked some heavier strings on it. You can get away with a lot with slide. As long as the pickups are good you can use just about anything.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
nice tele, gumbi approves

Quote by lucky1978

Quote by trashedlostfdup
same story here. i remember just not liking them at all, i remember i was in a bar and i am thinking that thing is so damn ugly. probably within a week i bought one, it was an MIM. i traded it for an Gibson SG and i got both cases and $100. guy had no idea what he was doing.

but now, i bought one like two weeks ago and got hooked. and picked up this one. what setups are you using?

thanks for the whistle.

my first real guitar was a MIM tele, a couple weeks later i found out i coulda gotten a strat for the same price and was super disappointed. the strat looked so much cooler.

now-a-days i am very glad i got a tele as a first guitar, i have owned more teles than any other guitar and i love the hell outta each one i own now.

i do have one strat, it's a cool guitar but i am a tele guy through and through.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Beautiful axe(s). There have been some pretty consistent NGDs around here of lately. About a year or so ago I had no interest in owning a tele or anything with single coils, after picking up my Strat I cannot wait to own a tele. Congrats man!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by trashedlostfdup

thanks for the whistle.

I have an hh Stagg tele copy with a maple neck and a bigsby (copy), which was more to try out a bigsby.

A telepartster I love with a maple neck, gfs p90 in the neck some random single coil in the bridge (a previous owner put it together mostly). Spankiest guitar I've ever owned, sounds great.

And my current fav is an AXL tele copy with rock maple neck but rosewood fretboard, stock but good toned alnico pup inthe neck and an sd quarter pounder bridge that I use for slide playing (jk, haha, I use it for everything)

Pretty low tier but I get a good sound out of 'em.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by bobafettacheese
Beautiful axe(s). There have been some pretty consistent NGDs around here of lately. About a year or so ago I had no interest in owning a tele or anything with single coils, after picking up my Strat I cannot wait to own a tele. Congrats man!

its even different for me. that strat was in a case for several years. i had no interest in it. i flipped a ton prior and was happy with my strat. however didn't like it. i played strictly humbucker guitars Gibsons, Ibanez Prestges, etc.

i pulled out the strat just a few weeks ago. strung her up and i was like hmmmmm this isn't that bad. and it was fun. i always liked teles better, so i ran into a guy from CL with like $600ish for a 2011 American Standard. i loved it. had some more money, and i wasn't sure if i wanted another tele or a strat, and i always thought that the tele would be the best, then danny found this one and i was looking for the nashville style (3 pickup) and it was at what i consider a good price and it is godly and am very satisfied.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by lucky1978
I have an hh Stagg tele copy with a maple neck and a bigsby (copy), which was more to try out a bigsby.

A telepartster I love with a maple neck, gfs p90 in the neck some random single coil in the bridge (a previous owner put it together mostly). Spankiest guitar I've ever owned, sounds great.

And my current fav is an AXL tele copy with rock maple neck but rosewood fretboard, stock but good toned alnico pup inthe neck and an sd quarter pounder bridge that I use for slide playing (jk, haha, I use it for everything)

Pretty low tier but I get a good sound out of 'em.

nothing wrong with that. i would love to try one with a bigsby. cool. i am considering throwing a P90 into something. maybe the bridge of my strat. i am not sure.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by gumbilicious
nice tele, gumbi approves

my first real guitar was a MIM tele, a couple weeks later i found out i coulda gotten a strat for the same price and was super disappointed. the strat looked so much cooler.

now-a-days i am very glad i got a tele as a first guitar, i have owned more teles than any other guitar and i love the hell outta each one i own now.

i do have one strat, it's a cool guitar but i am a tele guy through and through.

thanks i really like the lace pickups, not for every guitar in the world, but definitly nice to have them in a guitar or two.

twang kings are going in the USA STD tele. and a black pickgiard.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Sweet Tele. Worth the suspense from the last thread, you did not disappoint.

HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by trashedlostfdup
nothing wrong with that. i would love to try one with a bigsby. cool. i am considering throwing a P90 into something. maybe the bridge of my strat. i am not sure.

Get yourself a Reverend Manta Ray 290. You'll thank me later, at least pay it forward to danny. He got me on to them. They are amazing guitars, and I love p90s. Not that you should buy another one now but there is one on GC used for sub $500, if I hadn't just bought another amp I would be all over it, hell, I still might.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
The whole "appearing when someone says your name 3x" is for amateurs like Bloody Mary, Candyman, and Beetlejuice.

Reverend has a nice history of mixing P90s and Bigsby trems, but only have 3 in current production. I am GASsing hard for a Manta Ray 290...or a 390 LE, if I can find one. I just got a Rick Vito (without the Bigsby) a couple months ago.
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/warhawk-iii-390/
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/manta-ray-290/
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/rick-vito-signature/

New ones run between $850-1000, and niiiiice used ones overlap that on the low end. If you see one under $600, jump on that stuff! Limited Editions and the older USA models typically retain a price over $1000.

Hardtail Revs with P90s- like the one on GC right now- are also a great deal. And there are another 4 production models like that.

One of the nifty things about the current (MiK) lines is that they've standardized certain elements: all production Revs have locking tuners, korina bodies, bass contour control, and a uniform neck design.

So, once you've tried one, you have a really good idea of what others feel like.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 3, 2014,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
thanks. ****ing amazing guitar. oddly enough i threw it into the Fryette on the high gain channel with the internal boost, and it actually pulled metal well . i have other guitars for that but this one is for a different purpose.

haha sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gorgeous Tele, congrats

Theyve grown on me lately. Always was (and am) a Gibson guy, but I enjoy the hell out of my Squire Tele I picked up just to have something different, and I think I need a nicer one.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I need a Tele too. Most comfortable guitars I've played.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
AXL makes a really nice, budget tele copy too called the El Dorado. I'm pretty impressed with mine and I get a lotta compliments on it. Mine's factory relic'ed, which I'm not a fan of, but it holds its own with an mim fender at half the cost.

I'd post a pick but I don't wanna upstage trashed's ngd and make him jealous, lol. (That and I'm brutally incompetent with even the simplest of computer functions)
thanks everybody. i am going to get some comparison shots if i cam figure it out again (**** windows 8.1 everything is more of a pain in the ass. maybe i will use it. they will be posted.

the lace pickups are really nice. i still haven't figured out what the switch does, but it sound good in multiple occasions. it is not related to the middle position at all.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
here is the pair:

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at May 4, 2014,
Nice grain...