Hi All,
I've been a reader here for a while, first post, and I was looking to find a nice tube amp I can use in my apartment when I don't feel like using my headphones, and I have been looking at the Blackstar HT-1, possibly the HT-5 (for the footswitch and actual EQ, but not sure how much higher that would spike the decibels put out and get me evicted). Was looking for people's input/experience.

Budget: 500-ish

Genre: 80s Metal, Metallica, Megadeth, George Lynch, cleans are mostly arpeggio

New/Used: New

Home/Gig: Home

Closest City: Providence RI (GC in North Attleboro MA actually closer)

Current Gear: Schecter Blackjack SLS Solo, Schecter Hellraiser C-1, ESP LTD MH 350NT, Line 6 POD HD500X
piss on the neighbors get a triple rec!!!

seriously tho

i found the blackstars to sound a bit thin but they are a great option for ya. here is a list off the top of my head
1. randall diavlo 1,5,or 20. fantastic amps
2. the blackstars you mentioned would suit you fine even though they arent "all tube"
3. take a look at the new micro valve king. they are supposed to be "revoiced"
4. jet city 22h
5. hughes and kettner tubemeister 5 might be worth a look too.
6. vht special 6

use your hd 500 in the 4cm and control the overall output with it. it should allow you to get decent tones at a very quiet level. but all tube amps are loud as hell bud.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Last edited by iheartgun at May 2, 2014,
Check out the Randall RM20. I know there's a George Lynch module (and many more) and I get some really good tone outta mine at apartment friendly levels. I think they came stock with a greenback too.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
You want tube? That rules out the Blackstar HT models.

You have a Pod HD 500X. You already have what you need.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2