I am the most confused guitar player on the planet Earth right now. I'm a self taught guitarist who's stuck in a rut for a real long time because of constant cynicism about everything.

Will now get to the question straightaway. How do I dissect John Petrucci's Rock Discipline into parts and learn the whole course. I can dedicate 1 hour exclusively for learning Rock Discipline.

Kindly help me because I really cant envision about how am I supposed to learn all this.

Many thanks.
Learn one segment until you're comfortable with it, and move on to the next one. Pretty simple stuff really. The format for that video is laid out pretty well I think, especially for beginners.

What I really like about that video the most though are the warm-up exercises. They really help strengthen/stretch your fingers and build coordination.
Quote by b00m
Learn one segment until you're comfortable with it, and move on to the next one. Pretty simple stuff really. The format for that video is laid out pretty well I think, especially for beginners.

What I really like about that video the most though are the warm-up exercises. They really help strengthen/stretch your fingers and build coordination.

Agreed, I use those warm ups before every show now.

I would just take the exercises and put them into different areas/techniques of playing and then when you go to practice that technique, you can just go through a few/all of the exercises for that area. (For example, alternate picking)
Quote by saulwwe90
How do I dissect John Petrucci's Rock Discipline into parts and learn the whole course

I actually wrote an unintentionally massive post based on this video yesterday in another forum.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32619660&postcount=44

I'm focusing mainly on the scale fragments exercise (maybe at the 30 min mark? 45 min? I don't remember...) because he doesn't play those figures impossibly lightning fast, but I like the warmups and stretching too. For every other part... slow down and use a metronome, I guess.