I do arleady own a 4 guitars, one classic everplay400, Ibanez GRX, two seven strings ltd mh 417 and hellraiser special c7 and still..i would like to get more of it. In a half of a year i want to purchase a 4 string bass and new amps. I think im ******ed... but i need more of it. Also gas for See theu blue Esp ltd mh 1000 and Esp ltd sct 607 B. And more.

Is there something wrong with me, am i the only one?
It's normal. Sort of...

Instead of a bunch of cheaper guitars and amps, focus on fewer, higher end guitars and amps. Stuff that will easily scratch multiple itches.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
^+1

Yeah it happens to most people. Get a few really good instruments and amps instead of cheaper gear
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It's normal in a statistical sense that can describe the majority of population as excessive consumers.

You may rest easy knowing that there are a great plenty with similar addictive disorders.
Like mentioned above, once you have higher quality gear the GAS subsides a little. I am much more happy now with my gear than I was when I had a lot of cheaper guitars and amps. I still want more gear everyday, but I am more specific purposeful about what I am buying and I try not to cheap out on lesser quality gear unless it fits.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
Like mentioned above, once you have higher quality gear the GAS subsides a little.

For some of us.

Between 1987-2012, I amassed a collection of 4 guitars and an acoustic-electric fretless bass. Since August 2012, I have purchased 15 guitars.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That's why I said "a little" ,it never goes away. I know you can definitely attest to that. Your collection is ever growing and definitely of higher quality. I also would be willing to bet financial stability helps a little. Like you, I have bought 3 amps and 4 guitars in one years span.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Truth. A little financial stability changes the way that you think about spending.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

GAS is common especially when you are a beginner. big part of it is the fact that you really don't have a clear idea of the sounds you want and how to get them. more gear isn't always the answer so much as the right gear.
Quote by rockstar256
I do arleady own a 4 guitars, one classic everplay400, Ibanez GRX, two seven strings ltd mh 417 and hellraiser special c7

That's 5 guitars.

But no, this isn't bad. I have a shirt that says "You can never have too many guitars", and it's true.
In a way, it can be good for you - the more gear you try, the more your taste and style develops so that down the road you have a much better idea of both what you want and, more importantly, what you need.

So no, I wouldn't say you're particularly screwed up. We all love that feeling of having a new instrument or piece of gear that adds a bit of freshness to the routine.
Amps+ FX:
6505+ Head
Line 6 DT50 2x12
Line 6 Pod HD500
Maxon OD808
MXR 10 Band EQ
Guitars
Ibanez SZR720
Schecter ATX C-7 Blackjack
Ibanez RGA7
Ovation Celebrity
Agile Dauntless(SD Pups)
Fender Modern Player Tele+
I dunno if it's normal. Anyone who doesn't play guitar probably won't get it. Anyone who does probably will.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Since the start of 2014 ive had:
Blackstar HT5
Peavey 5150 mkii
Peavey valveking
Fender strat
LTD viper 400
PRS SE CU24
2nd LTD MH400NT
Couple pedals.
As well as buying pickups for my PRS and Strat.

So its normal i think anyway.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I should clarify my above post... I don't really think it's normal. More like I know I have a problem and don't care.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its defenitly not normal, none of my friends understand it. But that's why we all come here to talk with other people who understand our addiction.
Problem? Only if it has a negative impact on your life. Money would be the first thing to consider.

Me? I'm 21, own 14 guitars and 4 amps and have no plans on stopping. I just don't care for expensive stuff like mobiles, fashion, partying and golf. Guitars is my thing.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
One of us...
One of us...
One of us...
One of us...
One of us...

click on my profile. i have a few guitars that aren't on that though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by HomerSGR
Problem? Only if it has a negative impact on your life. Money would be the first thing to consider.

Me? I'm 21, own 14 guitars and 4 amps and have no plans on stopping. I just don't care for expensive stuff like mobiles, fashion, partying and golf. Guitars is my thing.

This about sums it up. Everyone has their own hobbies/investments. Why can't guitars be ours?
I'd need one heck of a spin doctor to persuade anyone my guitars etc. are an "investment"
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by lemurflames
It's normal. Sort of...

Instead of a bunch of cheaper guitars and amps, focus on fewer, higher end guitars and amps. Stuff that will easily scratch multiple itches.

Yea i get it but... but mentioned above are generally mid-quality guitars. Even if i had guitar made of gold id still want more
...yupp...normal if your a guitarist.....unexplainable to the rest of mankind though (except drummers.....they seem too have the same issues with cymbals)
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy