Hey guys I'm trying to see what resides in the racks of the guitarists of this band called 'In Hearts Wake'. They get an unreal tone live and just dropped a new album about 3 days ago and I am more in love with it then before. Here is a picture of them at soundwave earlier this year, you can zoom in pretty damn close. http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2918/13504888424_29aac492ee_o.jpg
From what I narrowed down I can see and can assume they use:

Some furman power conditioner?
One uses a decimator prorack g and the other a boss n-2 for the noise gate
Rocktron patchmate 8 for both, which is hooked to their midi raider on the ground
A wireless rack mount (don't really care what they are)
G Major 2
A maxon 0d808 on one and a sonic stomp on the other?

I can't figure out what that small red mount is on their racks as well as the other white, blue and grey pedals are A real stab in the dark I know but all help is appreciated

Plus I know that one uses a dd20 and volume pedal next to his midi raider perhaps with an od808 on the ground with a sonic stomp on the rack as well? (i've seen both on the right guitarist's chain when they were a smaller band)

One last request. What is the difference between the patchmate and G major 2? Don't they kind of do the same thing? The patchmate hooks up to the midi raider obviously.
you do have a 7 string dropped to drop z and a 6505+ dont you?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Asking that question is, imo, pointless for two reasons:

1. we can't really give you a 100% sure answer
2. even if you got those you wouldn't be able to sound like them for a number of reasons, including
2 - 1. you don't know what that stuff is, let alone how to use it
2 - 2. you have different gear
2 - 3. stuff, even on stage, is hella different from what you hear coming out of your cab
2 - 4. a big part of that sound comes from the whole mix, the guitars alone aren't that punchy
3. you can make a sound similar to the song's with hella less stuff, like
3 - 1. a 7 string guitar, probably just dropped - my 6 strings goes lower than that
3 - 2. a boosted orange relatively high gain amp, that'd be better than the 6505+ for that iyam
3 - 3. a noise gate

And it's not like you wouldn't get a really more similar sound to that if you got yourself every single piece of equipment these guys had there.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
This ^

I just couldnt be arsed to type it all out
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
This was kind of an invite to educate me on this gear also, not just patronise me...
I have the choice between a 6505+, A high gain orange or an EVH 5150 III 100 watt. Give me feedback on what you think is best.
Not trying to rip off anyone's sound here. Just trying to get some obvious rack essentials and knowledge on the way. I own an ltd ec1000 and an ltd sct-607b, both the 6 and 7 string's go between drop G# and drop B for me. This band plays only in Drop G# and drop A.
I own my maxon od808 and n-2 noise suppressor and dd20 as is and would've appreciated some help on getting a decent LIVE tone. I should've linked a live vid. My bad.
Well, that sound screams 6505 to me. Sorry, I'm not up on racks, but that's what I'd do for an amp, if you were asking that as well.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by SaculGuitar
This was kind of an invite to educate me on this gear also, not just patronise me...
I have the choice between a 6505+, A high gain orange or an EVH 5150 III 100 watt. Give me feedback on what you think is best.
Not trying to rip off anyone's sound here. Just trying to get some obvious rack essentials and knowledge on the way. I own an ltd ec1000 and an ltd sct-607b, both the 6 and 7 string's go between drop G# and drop B for me. This band plays only in Drop G# and drop A.
I own my maxon od808 and n-2 noise suppressor and dd20 as is and would've appreciated some help on getting a decent LIVE tone. I should've linked a live vid. My bad.

so dramatic.

5150/6505+ is what 90% of what those bands use. only other thoughts would be you could be a tad different and pick up a dual/trip rec and take that route, orange thunderverb would be nice. rockaverbs as well.

look into a splawn nitro KT88 . i have one, have owned a lot of amps, including a 6505 for a brief while, and the splawn just kicks you in the nuts every time you palm mute.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yes I believe one uses just a 6505 and a rockverb mkii 100 watt. I'm leaning more towards an evh 5150III 100W because I'm looking for some solid cleans and an improved tone from the hi gain of a 6505/6505+. I'll look into the splawn, but do you think (and this is with solid cleans also, so no 6505+ I guess) the rockverb mk ii or evh 5150iii 100w?
Quote by SaculGuitar
Yes I believe one uses just a 6505 and a rockverb mkii 100 watt. I'm leaning more towards an evh 5150III 100W because I'm looking for some solid cleans and an improved tone from the hi gain of a 6505/6505+. I'll look into the splawn, but do you think (and this is with solid cleans also, so no 6505+ I guess) the rockverb mk ii or evh 5150iii 100w?

i don't know how that is a question. totally different amps. totally different sounds, total diferent features. you should play them or listen to a lot more videos.

the 5153 does NOT do 6505+ at all really. the 6505 is a very unique amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I've played a 6505+ although the amount of hi gain was overwhelming for me, where I live there isn't anything to try out really.

To put it best I'm just searching for a more round, warm and heavy tone that you just want to hug, especially on agressive palm mutes.
Quote by SaculGuitar
I've played a 6505+ although the amount of hi gain was overwhelming for me, where I live there isn't anything to try out really.

To put it best I'm just searching for a more round, warm and heavy tone that you just want to hug, especially on agressive palm mutes.

you don't have to have the gain all the way up i had mine at 4/10 with a boost and it was beastly. not me though.

the 5153 is a good sounding amp, haven't had much time on one though.

i love rockerverbs, i like the 50 better than the 100.

but they are different. completely.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I believe the local music shop just got an orange rockverb mkii 100 in stock, so I'll give that a go.

A lot of people on youtube seem to get the 5153/5150iii with an orange 412 cab, which was in my plan to get a PPC412 or PPC412HP8 (maybe not HP8, don't want to destroy the suburb).
I've seen people say why not get the evh cab, but It's something about orange cabs that everytime I play, I gets that fullness across, don't you think?
Quote by Carrot
This ^

I just couldnt be arsed to type it all out
Well you know I love lists.
Quote by SaculGuitar
And patronizing people.

Quote by SaculGuitar
I think the 5150 III is hella better, under every aspect.
Though some people don't, so I guess ya have to go and try them.
Quote by SaculGuitar
0.k. so you want to learn about rackmounted stuff!
Well let's begin with some considerations about rackmounted stuff (yay another list):
1. it's not made for guitars most of the time
2. it's costly to acquire
3. it's useless for a lot of stuff, including that genre we were talking about

The most useful stuff I actually found in these racks are, from the most to the least useful:
1. an axe fx/kemper pa
2. a cab simulator, like the rivera rockcrusher
2. a good reverb (lexicon), because analog ones suck and the ones in pedals mostly suck
3. a good comrpessor, not from dbx, ideally an LA2A but since we're common humans, a 3630
4. a multi fx processor like a g-major but better, like a quadraverb 2
5. a power conditioner, because hum sucks

The rest you need if you don't have an axe fx or a kemper pa you already have it or you can get it in pedal form without sacrificing any quality.
Mind though that, again, unless you have an axe or kemper, you probably are better off without a rack full of funny stuff with lights 'cause there, there's not a single thing you can't do with an amp and a cab and pedals.
And it's not even like what you need can be done better with rackmounted stuff.

It's hella more useful if you need that stuff, and you need that stuff if you play funny funk, shoegaze, post rock, and stuff that sound funny.

So, bottom line, go try the rockerverb AND the 5150 III, and renounce the idea of getting a rack with rackmounted suff if you keep playing this stuff and you don't want an axe fx or a kemper pa.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Yeah thanks for the feedback! I'd choose the kemper over the fx any day personally, although I'm still considering getting a profiling amp for the sheer price, and I know if I was to get all these rack mounts i'd be paying more in the long run...

I just prefer getting the 5150 iii 100 watt and starting from there with this knowledge acquired

One last input from all of you, cab for the evh 5150 100 watt? orange ppc412, mesa cab or evh cab?

Again, cheers!
Did you try both the kemper and the axe?
Because the kemper is supposed to sound more like an amp but I tried it in person and I could tell the difference, and for that genre you may not even dislike not sounding like you're playing through an actual guitar amp.

Anyway, my go-to cab choice is the mesa rectifier oversized 4x12.
It's hella good quality, it's big, and it has mesa's v30s.

As for the evh cab I think nobody buys 5150s to play van halen, so the speakers in that might not be ideal for a lot of stuff people usually do with 5150s, including what you have in mind.

The orange is good quality, sounds good and it's orange colored, and that's a big plus.
White head + orange cab is a wet dream of mine even though the head's not the 5150.
So again, I'd try them both and choose what I prefer the sound of.

Anyway, even though you kinda seem set for the 5150 III, I feel like asking if you tried a powerball or a powerball II or a fireball.
Did you?
The powerball II would be my amp of choice for that genre together with the 5150 III so I'd try one and see if I like it - dunnow the price there but here it goes for about as much.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at May 5, 2014,