Page 1 of 2
I always thought the band itself are not bad players but the vocalist to me is what ruins them. I hate this guys voice so much and I think to a certain degree it pussifies what they do. With that being said I heard one of their newer songs called hail to the king and I liked the riffs for it. His voice still makes me cringe but maybe it is a matter of taste. I see guys idolizing this band all the time and you are free to like whatever you want. I was just wondering how much better they would sound if you swapped the current vocalist with somebody who was more suited for metal. This guy sounds like he should be a pop rock front man to me.
Nah itspretty much the music that does that for me
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
They're all fairly technically competent and I like his vocals, but it's more the music Avenged Sevenfold makes that spoils their music for me.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by NWD2100
I always thought the band itself are not bad players but the vocalist to me is what ruins them. I hate this guys voice so much and I think to a certain degree it pussifies what they do. With that being said I heard one of their newer songs called hail to the king and I liked the riffs for it. His voice still makes me cringe but maybe it is a matter of taste. I see guys idolizing this band all the time and you are free to like whatever you want. I was just wondering how much better they would sound if you swapped the current vocalist with somebody who was more suited for metal. This guy sounds like he should be a pop rock front man to me.

lol

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
How old do you have to be to like this band in any capacity?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
No, the voice's not bad at all.

The attitude and the lyrics and the music though...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I've never been a fan of them. They just aren't appealing to me. They're not bad musicians. However, they are pretty predictable.
Quote by Spambot_2
No, the voice's not bad at all.

The attitude and the lyrics and the music though...

This.
Who knew a band who are so desperate to be Metallica,Iron Maiden and Guns N Roses all rolled into one could be so shit, and it's a sad state of affairs when A7X are getting albums number 1 in the charts when much more deserving bands deserve those sales, like Mastodon for example.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but why not just listen to Metallica? They're the exact same thing but worse in every capacity
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Just to say this should be in the metal forum not the pit

As for the OP I think their whole image and fanbase is why they get so much hate. It's also the way they present themselves in the media, calling themselves the "kings of metal" and all that bollocks. Their vocalist is a bit of tool as well frankly.

I personally haven't liked anything they've done since city of evil, their new stuff doesn't appeal to me at all, they seem to get worse over time.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by Banjocal
They're all fairly technically competent and I like his vocals, but it's more the music Avenged Sevenfold makes that spoils their music for me.

Technically competent? Hardly. They steal riffs from other bands all the time and are far too lazy to come up with anything original on their own. Their latest album had to have to have the artwork changed because it was almost an exact copy of Lich Kings "world gone dead" The fact that these posers even knew who Lich King is to rip them off is, in itself amazing.

Vocals are shit btw, I know local bands that have better vocalists than him.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I can't believe I'm saying this, but why not just listen to Metallica? They're the exact same thing but worse in every capacity

I have not heard that A7X.
Quote by Ghanja_Fog

>Technically competent? Hardly. They steal riffs from other bands all the time and are far too lazy to come up with anything original on their own.
This is not technical competency, this is competency as songwriters/composers)
>Their latest album had to have to have the artwork changed because it was almost an exact copy of Lich Kings "world gone dead" The fact that these posers even knew who Lich King is to rip them off is, in itself amazing.
This is, though relevant to the overall product, not an integral part of the music, and is, again, not relevant to their actual technical skill as musicians

>Vocals are shit btw, I know local bands that have better vocalists than him.
Ah, a relevant criticism! His vocals are fairly technically sound, though very bland and quite one-dimensional. Whether you like how they sound is a personal matter. Though I also know local bands that have better vocalists than him, they're in different styles!

Calm down and go back to watching Ceebeebies.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Ghanja_Fog
Technically competent? Hardly. They steal riffs from other bands all the time and are far too lazy to come up with anything original on their own. Their latest album had to have to have the artwork changed because it was almost an exact copy of Lich Kings "world gone dead" The fact that these posers even knew who Lich King is to rip them off is, in itself amazing.

Vocals are shit btw, I know local bands that have better vocalists than him.

The cover wasn't a rip off of Lich King, it was a rip off of Overkill.

Quote by lemmyisgod97
The cover wasn't a rip off of Lich King, it was a rip off of Overkill.

No their overall death bat logo was stolen from overkill, the fact that they used it on this cover proves their laziness. They were forced to change the original artwork after letters and emails from thousands of Lich King fans. Google image search, "A7X rips off Lich King" and you will see exactly what im talking about.
No, he's quite a good singer technically. People conflate their hatred of a vocal timbre and being a bad singer.
Check out my band Disturbed
as if how a voice sounds isn't an important part of what a listener might hear from a singer ahaha
Quote by Ghanja_Fog
No their overall death bat logo was stolen from overkill, the fact that they used it on this cover proves their laziness. They were forced to change the original artwork after letters and emails from thousands of Lich King fans. Google image search, "A7X rips off Lich King" and you will see exactly what im talking about.

someone should tell lich king fans that every metal band has that same ****ing shit album cover
Quote by Ghanja_Fog

So, what's your point? Oh, they "steal" riffs? GAWD, I've never heard of any musicians doing THAT!
Quote by willT08
someone should tell lich king fans that every metal band has that same ****ing shit album cover
idk sometimes there's a dead hooker or a bong or something there
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I don't like M Shadows voice either. He's too bland [and little...grainy?] and the guitar riffs and solos get old quickly.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
i wanna beat up a guy wearing that over kill shirt
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
If my only judgement on a band was how the vocals sound, I wouldn't listen to Megadeth.

Avenged are one of the bands where I only really liked the singles. Most of their albums are pretty much filler, and Sysnster Gates guitar tone really irritates the hell out of me.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Page 1 of 2