Hi guys,

Since a few months I am the lead guitarist of a new symphonic metal band.
So when it comes to soloing I think it lacks something.
I own a Engl Powerball and the lead channel on that thing is ok, but I miss a little bit of what I call depth???

So I want to buy one pedal (reverb/delay/...). Price is not really an issue as long as it's available at the second hand market.

So can anyone point a few good pedals who do the job for some nice thick/layered metal soloing?

Thanks
Devin Townsend uses a shitload of on board reverb on his Axe FX for that "Wall of noise" sound you may be looking for. You could pickup an EH Holy Grail reverb used for like 80 bucks.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I think just a simple digital delay pedal (Boss DD3/DD7) would do it. That's what I used to do to get a "bigger" lead sound, worked well.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Line 6 Echo Park
Hardwire DL-8
Empress Tape Delay
Boss DD-20
Wampler Faux Tape
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Way Huge Supa-Puss

Pick your poison.

Also maybe you want a wah? Morley Bad Horsie.

Reverb?
Hardwire RV-7
Line 6 Verbzilla
Mr. Black Supermoon

Could kill a bunch of birds with a Line 6 M5 or M9.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
EXH Small Clone livens up solos like crazy gives that Priest Painkiller tone.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
To get a nice wet lead I sometimes just blast my amps reverb to 10 and kick it in for a lead that needs a kick.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
I have a powerball too. With the contour engaged (focus pushed in) it has a really fat and smooth lead tone in my opinion.

I like to run the gain on the amp low (4/10), put a tubescreamer in front, and then i have a zoom g3x in my fx loop and i use delay into a light reverb to give the tone depth. Ive found that when playing out loud, it sounds a lot better with the presence and treble down low (below 5/10). When recording with an sm57 though, i have the presence and treble both up beyond 5/10 and the mic outside the cone at an angle
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by Watterboy
I have a powerball too. With the contour engaged (focus pushed in) it has a really fat and smooth lead tone in my opinion.

I trully share that opinion! But I'm still missing something and I can't quite point out exactly what that should be.

Quote by Watterboy
I like to run the gain on the amp low (4/10), put a tubescreamer in front, and then i have a zoom g3x in my fx loop and i use delay into a light reverb to give the tone depth. Ive found that when playing out loud, it sounds a lot better with the presence and treble down low (below 5/10). When recording with an sm57 though, i have the presence and treble both up beyond 5/10 and the mic outside the cone at an angle

Maybe it is a good option to use a multi-fx, but I'm not a fan of multi-fx.