Page 1 of 2
Why the **** can't I be happy?! I have everything I need but my ****ing future looks so bleak and boring I just can't help to be ****ing depressed about it. My feelings are perpetually stuck in "I ****ing hate everything" with a little bit of "Everything is meaningless" thrown in. I don't know why I made this thread, mainly just for ranting I guess, and if the beers kick in soon enough I think I might make a few more. Right now I just got out of work and was thinking about how miserable of a life I have, and for some reason the first thing that popped into my mind was to make a thread on UG about it, that's how ****ed up I am

Anyways... what do you do to be happy? I don't know, discuss something so this isn't a spam thread so I don't get a warning or some shit like that.
I am incapable of answering your question, as nothing I do makes me happy.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I look in the mirror and give myself one of these

Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Do you have friends ? I mean proper friends, not your FB wall, or your old school pictures.

Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.

Read that shit!
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by Lord_Doku
Do you have friends ? I mean proper friends, not your FB wall, or your old school pictures.

Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.

I do have friends, sad thing is between my job and university I can't really talk to them a lot, or at all for weeks or something like that. I think that is also affecting me, I feel very isolated and shit.
People are dumb and so is the concept of the pursuit of happiness. You cant have the goal of your life be to be happy all the time, its selfish and unrealistic. You have to highs and you have lows, and they can't exist without each other. The lows are what makes the highs high, by comparison. If you were happy all the time then it would simply be the new medium and things you use to enjoy wouldn't satisfy you and you would need new, increasingly extreme ways to excite yourself like drugs. This is what happens to a lot of wealthy people and celebrities.

The fact that we are constantly unsatisfied is one of the prevalent characteristic of us humans that separates us from an animal that just wants to eat, sleep and ****. Our lack of satisfaction makes us want make and inspires us to act upon those urges. So go ahead and do what you can to make the circumstances in your life better, but just know you generally won't have an a huge emotional shift throughout your life. All you can do is be grateful and appreciate the good times when they come and hold on to them as long as you can.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Last edited by Wiegenlied at May 3, 2014,
Seriously why the hell do people on this site of all places ask for advice. Your clearly depressed dude so do something about it, don't just sit around and contemplate why your sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead, it works a lot better.
Quote by maowcat
Seriously why the hell do people on this site of all places ask for advice. Your clearly depressed dude so do something about it, don't just sit around and contemplate why your sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead, it works a lot better.

HOW?!!

HOW?!
Quote by maowcat
stop being sad

1/10, would not listen to this advice again
it's all coming back

Quote by maowcat

Because for some people ranting or getting it off their chest is therapeutic for them.

Doesn't make a good thread mind you.
Quote by VillainousLatin
HOW?!!

HOW?!

I think the message he means is stop wallowing in pity, drinking beers to cushion your feelings and actually take action
What do you want out of this life? What do you want to accomplish and look back on and be proud of? Whether it be to raise a family, with a white picket fence, and a dog, or be a crusty punk rock singer you should go about doing it instead of wasting time on ug like everyone else.

My own thoughts though is maybe you just have depression. You say your future looks bleak and boring. Try not to worry about things if you're doing all you can, and why is it boring? If it's something you don't want to do why the hell are you doing it? I'm not the best one for advice but I'm just trying to help. If you still feel lost though talk to your parents. They've been through it too and I'm sure they can help.
The secret to happiness (or at least to not feeling sad) does not lies on what you do, what you have or anything like that. It's all about how you feel! You may have everything a person could ever ask for and still not be happy.

A shrink doesn't help people to find something that would make them happy, he/she helps people appreciate that little they have, and that's the whole point of life, appreciate what you have, take the max out of it.

A few months ago I used to feel sad about any and everything (really sad, to the point I would just lay down and watch life passing), I still have some downs, but what makes me happy is to think there's nothing to worry about, my past is behind me, my future will take care of itself and my present is all it is, with all the good and bad stuff, and I'm slowly learning how to appreciate both.

I now that almost nothing people say helps at all, because there always a "but" in our heads. All I can try is to say that you'll never have a life if you don't try to live. Still with a "but" in your mind? Throw it at me and I'll just throw you another one!
Quote by Baby Joel
1/10, would not listen to this advice again

+100

people like you are the ****ing worst. You don't just stop being depressed

Mother****er.
ayy lmao
Do you currently live in Puerto Rico? If so that might be your problem.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
You can never be happy unless you have something to look forward to. Get a hobby, build a bird house, volunteer somewhere, REALLY CHANGE/FIX SOMETHING. It's not you, it's your lifestyle. You have to get involved in things. Have goals, priorities.

Keep yourself busy with things that will have a positive outcome in the future (learning some kind of skill, volunteering, etc)

And one last thing: getting a job = money = buying things you like = happiness.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad

And one last thing: getting a job = money = buying things you like = happiness.

I can not disagree with this enough

Money can not buy happiness in any way. It's a short lived novelty you feel, not happiness
ayy lmao
Quote by chookiecookie
Money can not buy happiness in any way.
But money buys tv and internet and stuff.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by chookiecookie
I can not disagree with this enough

Money can not buy happiness in any way. It's a short lived novelty you feel, not happiness

Nah, you're thinking money can't buy LOVE. But it can buy happiness.

Temporary happiness > Depression.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Temporary happiness isn't happiness though. It's just a distraction.
it's all coming back

Because instead of taking proactive steps to change your supposedly bleak future you are calling it quits and whining on a guitar forum.

Edit^: All happiness is temporary
Quote by k.lainad
Nah, you're thinking money can't buy LOVE. But it can buy happiness.

Temporary happiness > Depression.

lol.

Just no.

Money can't buy love either, but that's a completely different topic
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at May 3, 2014,
But it buys internet and internet makes me happy so like maybe it mostly doesn't buy happiness but it's not impossible is my opinion.

cookie is not acknowledging me again.
Quote by snipelfritz

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 3, 2014,
Quote by Baby Joel
Temporary happiness isn't happiness though. It's just a distraction.

ah... you subjective ****s.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
ah... you subjective ****s.

yeah, because happiness is so objective, right?

What makes you happy makes the billions of other people on the planet happy, right?

Sounds like you need to play majora's mask, brah.
ayy lmao
Quote by Weaponized
start doing drugs that helped me

preferably meth and heroin, right?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by Joshua Garcia
But it buys internet and internet makes me happy so like maybe it mostly doesn't buy happiness but it's not impossible is my opinion.

cookie is not acknowledging me again.

you've now been acknowledged

i luv u
ayy lmao
Quote by Baby Joel
I am incapable of answering your question, as nothing I do makes me happy.

+1
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
The thing about money and happiness is that money buys temporary happiness, and then an even worse feeling of sadness or what not. It is kinda like getting drunk, it's great but then once you get over it, (i.e. the hangover) it's even worse.
Quote by chookiecookie
+100

people like you are the ****ing worst. You don't just stop being depressed

Mother****er.

Telling a depressed person to stop being depressed is like going to someone with glasses and telling them to get perfect vision or telling a disabled person to just start walking.

It's a ****ing mental illness for a reason. It's not just someone being a bit sad.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Wicer
The thing about money and happiness is that money buys temporary happiness, and then an even worse feeling of sadness or what not. It is kinda like getting drunk, it's great but then once you get over it, (i.e. the hangover) it's even worse.

So just take a little more drugs the next time and you're good to go.
Quote by Wicer

Yeah but I don't get hangovers and that makes me sad. Why can't I be like everyone else?
You can look at how blessed you are or how unfulfilled you are. Its your choice. Sitting and drinking beers-- well... how is that working out for you?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Weaponized
start doing drugs that helped me

Ok real talk, I know for a fact that this is terrible advice, I won't go into detail but it fuccks you up big time and for a long time.

To the OP, I've been in your exact situation man and I know it seems like there is no hope, I think a lot of people mistake depression as being sad all the time, it's not.
In my experience at least it basically means you feel absolutely nothing, nothing makes you feel any emotion or feeling. I'd honestly rather be sad all the time than feel like that. I used to spend weeks in my room not talking or seeing anyone, just going out to get food and cigarettes, whacked out my face and lying in bed. Some days I couldn't even move because I had no effort to.

I couldn't even sit my uni exams and I lost a lot of friends because they thought I was ignoring them whereas in actual fact I literally wasn't in a fit state to see anybody. Some of my best friends ended up thinking I was dead and came to find me. They really kicked me out of my worst times, they took me out, got me drunk, and I ended up feeling happy, or anything for that matter, for the first time in about 5 months.

Up until I was diagnosed with depression I didn't even realise I had it, people told me I probably had it but I just refused to believe it.

I reluctantly got help from a therapist and started taking antidepressants for around 8 months. Trust me on this, it really does help if you give it time, it will make you feel worse at first because you have to face reality in the face, but if you stick with it, it really does help you feel better.

Basically TS I'm telling you this so you don't end up where I was, steps away from basically ending things, it does get better, even to talk to someone who will listen and won't judge you.

Another thing, seriously make time to see or even just talk to your friends, I'm still repairing a lot friendships after 9 months of being better, I'm not completely fine, but honestly put in the time.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Last edited by ProgFripp74 at May 3, 2014,
Being around other people, eating good food, exercising, and looking at cute things makes me happy
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Being around other people, eating good food, exercising, and looking at cute things makes me happy

but what makes you happy might not make others happy.
ayy lmao
Page 1 of 2