I have, or had.... ok, I HAVE what's left of... a Fender Tim Armstrong Signature Hellcat acoustic-electric guitar. Long story short, I made a woman very angry. A woman who knew how much I loved that guitar.

She tried to pull the strings off of it, but didn't do much damage there. She just pulled one of the machine heads loose. The damage was done mostly to the back. She put a PS3 controller through the back 3 or 4 times.

This guitar was a father's day gift from my kids a few years ago, and is of great sentimental value.

If it'd be best to just to buy another one of the same model, I can do that.

The other obvious option is to take it to a shop and have it fixed.

Someone also mentioned having it converted to a round back (like an ovation) and while I'm intrigued, I don't even know if it's possible.

Any suggestions appreciated.
-B
The guitar will cost significantly more to fix than it will cost to replace. If it really means a lot to you then it might be worth it but if there are several holes in the back of the guitar then chances are a luthier will have to remove the old back, remove the braces from the old back, cut a new back, brace it, glue it to the guitar, and then add new bindings. It's a lot of work.
Not taking any online orders.
Yup, better to just buy a new one. Just keep the old one as a reminder not to get involved with crazy Beeyotches. I once had a ps2 thrown off a balcony.
Is that woman the mother of your kids?
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Quote by von gelb
Is that woman the mother of your kids?

Yes, she is. Well, the mother of one, and she took them to pick it out and paid for it, since my kids were 3 yrs old.
Sorry for the late response, but what in the hell did you do to get her that angry? And did she break it while the kids were in the same room?
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Quote by von gelb
Sorry for the late response, but what in the hell did you do to get her that angry? And did she break it while the kids were in the same room?

No, we were alone. She would never have lost it like that in front of the kids. And it's a loooooooonnngg story, but the short version is she gave me a 'hall pass', and I used it, but then I lied my ass off about it. Of course, there were plenty of troubles leading up to all this. In the short version, I'm a jerk. Full story, not so much... And maybe I deserved it, but my guitar didn't. That's like getting mad and killing someone's pet or something. lol. She is replacing it, though, and I think I'm going to just strip the Fishman electronics out the broken one and use them on a different acoustic. (maybe?)

Haha but YEAH, live and learn; I definitely do not recommend this experience to anyone. "Hell hath no fury..."

-B