Hi. I bought a 2012 SG used and was told it was all original and had 57 classic pickups.
Here is the model from Gibson:
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/SG-Standard-Limited/Specs.aspx
The seller said it was all original and he was the original buyer. I took pictures of the back of the pickups. Can the members here confirm that these are definitely not 57 classic pickups?
Thanx!
Attachments:
SG Pickup 1.JPG
SG Pickup 2.JPG
Test them with a multi-meter and see if they are the same rating as the 57.

They are deff Gibson pickups, why are you questioning them?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I am questioning them because I they don't say "patent applied for" on the back. Thanx for the reply!
Quote by PeacefulOne
I am questioning them because I they don't say "patent applied for" on the back. Thanx for the reply!

They aren't soposed to I don't think.

The ones that say Pat Applied for would be the actual vintage Gibson HB's Seth Lover made.

And if I'm wrong, there is a chance they could be the 57+ model.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Far as i'm aware, the 2012 model had 498T and 490R bridge and neck pickups, respectively. It was only in 2013 that they started fitting '57 classics, which coincided with the change to the small pickguard, I think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?