http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/4452249082.html

Gibson Historic 2003 Les Paul '59 Reissue, Brazilian Finger Board, Faded Tobacco, 9lbs., Reissue Certificate of Authenticity, Case Candy, Un-played mint condition, small scuff on bottom of case.

I emailed him, asking why the price is so much? My '62 reissue strat isn't worth anything close to that and he gave me this:

"A reissue is created for a historical significance of an instrument, sound, electronics, and musicians that play them. That being said, in 2003 Gibson vowed to never use Brazilian rosewood in their guitars from then on due to it's scarcity and Gibson's environmental friendly philosophy. Check out Gibson's website for background and Reverb is a good website for pricing."
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
*reported*
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
It aint my ad man. I'm asking why is this shit so expensive?
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
Brazillian fretboard, the 03 guitars with Brazillian and the Gary Rossington SGs that have Braz boards go for a significant amount more.

It's not a normal R9 basically...

You're probably just looking for a normal used R9/R8/R0 with an Indian/Madagascan rosewood fretboard.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Last edited by digman50 at May 4, 2014,
The Brazilian fretboard makes it worth more, but not that dramatically. When I was buying my Taylor, the sales guy also brought out an acoustic they just got in used that was the same price, even though it was used, because of a Brazilian fretboard. In my experience, it adds a few hundred onto the guitar, maybe a thousand at absolute most depending on the quality. This is just some guy trying to take advantage of it.

$11,500 for a used, 11-year old Les Paul is absurd, even if it's Brazilian.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
The evil laws of kapitalism dictate that there is a positive correlation between scarcity and expensiveness
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by necrosis1193
The Brazilian fretboard makes it worth more, but not that dramatically. When I was buying my Taylor, the sales guy also brought out an acoustic they just got in used that was the same price, even though it was used, because of a Brazilian fretboard. In my experience, it adds a few hundred onto the guitar, maybe a thousand at absolute most depending on the quality. This is just some guy trying to take advantage of it.

$11,500 for a used, 11-year old Les Paul is absurd, even if it's Brazilian.

Nope, the Brazillian board is why its that price and that's within the correct price range for a Braz R9 from 03. It adds more to the Les Pauls cause thats the only run thats had Braz like the original 50s Les Pauls since the originals

There's plenty of acoustics with Braz and not as much desire but that's the only run so therefore it's much more scarce.

Go on www.mylespaul.com/forums and look around on there, you'll see that it's fine and the guy selling knows what he's got and how much it's worth.

I don't personally think it's worth adding that much to the price for Braz but the market dictates.

Last edited by digman50 at May 4, 2014,
Quote by digman50
Nope, the Brazillian board is why its that price and that's within the correct price range for a Braz R9 from 03. It adds more to the Les Pauls cause thats the only run thats had Braz like the original 50s Les Pauls since the originals

There's plenty of acoustics with Braz and not as much desire but that's the only run so therefore it's much more scarce.

Go on www.mylespaul.com/forums and look around on there, you'll see that it's fine and the guy selling knows what he's got and how much it's worth.

I don't personally think it's worth adding that much to the price for Braz but the market dictates.

You named a different guitar forum. They are now watching you.
If you're spending 11 g's on a guitar, you're making some good money.

Please tell me the secret pm me yeh
Quote by KingChris90
You named a different guitar forum. They are now watching you.

I didn't realise this was something that I wasn't meant to do.

If any mods have a problem please feel free to remove it, I was just trying to be helpful

Quote by digman50

If any mods have a problem please feel free to remove it, I was just trying to be helpful

BURN THE WITCH!!!!
Quote by digman50

Go on -OTHER FORUM WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT- and look around on there, you'll see that it's fine and the guy selling knows what he's got and how much it's worth.

Huh. Learn something new every day.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by digman50

It is allready too late, there is no where to hide.

I hope I moved this to the right place!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Dimarzio45
If you're spending 11 g's on a guitar, you're making some good money.

Please tell me the secret pm me yeh

I'll say it publicly so that everyone can profit from my unrivalled wisdom.

It's called a job. You go there, do some stuff and get paid.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

For that price I would have Gil Yaron build me an EXACT replica of a 59 Les Paul. He is one of the world's most sought after builders when it comes to vintage spec Gibson LP's.
he's not on crack with the price.

he may be selling it to buy crack though.

i mean, it's craigslist.
Quote by Mephaphil
I'll say it publicly so that everyone can profit from my unrivalled wisdom.

It's called a job. You go there, do some stuff and get paid.

You were supposed to pm me that shit. We're fighting now. lol