Okay so the day before yesterday I played it throughout the day for maybe a total of 2-3.5 hours and after playing a couple songs in C, I dropped it down to A, I decided to not tune it back up to a different tuning until the next day. So yesterday I wake up and plug my guitar in and it just sounds terrible. I also now have to turn the volume about a quarter of the way up to get it to be loud whatsoever, while normally I barley even go an eighth of the way up and it's far louder (and much, much better sounding.) I know it's not my pedal that's messing up because I've plugged my guitar directly into my amp.
Side note: I have to repeatedly strum while pressing on the 9th fret on the G string and 6th fret on the B string for a certain song, but for some reason whenever I do it now, I get a sort of vibratey terrible sound. But only on these frets. I'm contemplating just trying to save up the 40 and getting the setup but I figured I'd come here first.

I'm not great with guitars as I've only been playing for 10 months so I'm not sure how to go about this.
If it matters, it's a Schecter Damien Elite 6 and I've only had it since April 21st.
Are you saying you are turning the amp volume a quarter of the way up? Stupid question, but have you checked the guitar's volume knob and tone knob are all the way up? I've thought I broke my guitar multiple times when no sound was coming out and my volume was just turned down.

The vibrato problem you have may just be the strings contracting after de-tuning it and coming back up in pitch. Totally normal, you just have to re tune it.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
It does have active pickups so I will try this.

And nooope I tried turning my volume up. But when you say to re tune it, do you mean to tune it back up to standard? If so, should I leave it in standard for a certain amount of before dropping it down again? And yes I am referring the amps volume nob.
Last edited by killskye33 at May 4, 2014,
Quote by killskye33
It does have active pickups so I will try this.

And nooope I tried turning my volume up. But when you say to re tune it, do you mean to tune it back up to standard? If so, should I leave it in standard for a certain amount of before dropping it down again?

No I mean just get it back to whatever A is (drop A, A standard?), if you drop tune a guitar and leave it a while the strings contract and will be slightly sharp. Usually the vibrato comes from one of the two strings not being in tune.

Fixing your volume issue will help too. So try swapping the battery. If that isn't it, check to make sure all the wires are good and connected tightly. You should have the solderless quick connect ones and those tend to come undone every once in a while.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
(Sorry, I meant Drop A)
Okay I fixed the volume issue though I am unsure exactly what just happened. I changed the battery of the guitar and nothing seemed to change. Then I went onto the clean channel and plugged into the pedal again. This time whenever the pedal was on, my guitar was even quieter than before, like almost no sound. So I switched out it's battery and put the guitar's old battery in it and now the sound is fully back.

But I forgot to mention, yesterday I tuned it back up to Drop C to see if it was just that drop A was making my strings too loose and I was just hearing them rattle on the frets. But it's clear that's not it.

Another strange thing about it is if I strum either one of the strings by themselves, they sound fine, but as soon as I strum the other, it sounds terrible.
Oh and one last thing, I only get the vibrato sound if I add distortion.
Last edited by killskye33 at May 4, 2014,
If you use batteries in a pedal or your guitar you need to unplug the inputs or you will drain the batteries very quickly.

Take all the pedals out of the chain. Add them back one at a time and see what pedal is causing the issue.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate