I've asked this question a few times in a few places, and haven't yet got an answer that seems quite right.

I'll explain. I only use electric guitar for slide, and mostly play clean. However, I really like this Sonny Landreth sound, and have no idea how he is getting it. He is clearly using a pod, and what looks like a Fender amp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUHyNky8Q9s

Any suggestions would be welcome. FWIW, I think it is extreme clipping, but others have said it is just clean EQing. The occasional odd scaping noises make me think it is some kind of OD.

Can anyone tell me how to embed the vid? I can only do the link.

Thanks.
Quote by dannyalcatraz

I could almost quote those two articles back at you from my long search for the truth. If you look at the vid, there is a POD sitting on top of his amp.
I watched the video and saw a red "something", but couldn't ID it definitively as a POD.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I watched the video and saw a red "something", but couldn't ID it definitively as a POD.

The consensus from my previous inquiries on usenet was that it was a POD, I don't think he carries a fashion purse.
Last edited by Tony Done at May 4, 2014,