Are some classical guitars radiated like Taylor or are most flat. I am looking at buying a classical, nylon string guitar.

Thanks for info for my ignorance

DW
The standard classical guitar has a wide, flat fretboard. Pretty much standard. However, as I mentioned in the thread above, we now have a variety of guitars they call "crossovers" which are nylon-stringed instruments set up more like steel-strings, with a narrower, radiused fretboard.

Most of these are acoustic-electric models. Yamaha makes several varieties.
And who else has x-overs?

Getting back into it and having a blast !

Thanks !
Quote by bruce em

Thanks !

Cordoba make good crossovers - their Fusion range. My mate has one in his store that I like a lot. I can't understand why it hasn't sold, he reckons it is because it doesn't say "Yamaha" on the headstock.
i also really like cordoba.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Most are flat and have no radius, however, occasionally you will see one with a slight radius. If the classical does have a radius it's gonna be a lot less than a steel string or an electric. I've seen a few 20" radius fretboards on classicals but what you don't see are the 12" and 14" radius fretboards you see on steel string acoustics.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by bruce em

Thanks !

I have a Yamaha APX6NA crossover - wouldn't want to be without it.
Thanks. Keep the info coming. Garthman does the yam apx6na have a radiused fretboard.
Quote by azledon
Thanks. Keep the info coming. Garthman does the yam apx6na have a radiused fretboard.

Yes it does. And the neck width at the nut is 48mm.

The APX6NA is discontinued now - mine is about 10 years old - but it has been replaced by the NTX range.

Some info here:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el_nylon_guitars/ntx/?mode=series#tab=feature

Great guitars whichever model you go for - depends on your budget.