I bought a project guitar from somebody who built a weird Frankenstein Jaguar/Jazzmaster. I ended up using most of the parts to build a Jazzmaster and now have the neck sitting by itself, so I may try and sell it. However, I'm not sure on what I'd be attempting to sell. The person I bought it from wasn't specific and I don't have his contact.

Anyway, I tried researching and got confused because I see a lot of references going towards the ID normally stamped on the heel, but the neck I possess doesn't have a stamp, see pictures below. But on the head stock the decals are what I found belonging to the '62-'74 Jaguars (DES 186826 PAT 2960900 2972923 & PAT PEND) which don't look like they were applied but have aged with the neck itself.

Basically I just want to try and find out if this is American, Mexican, reproduction or vintage, maybe what it's worth, etc. Unfortunately I'm not sure how I can tell without the serial number normally stamped on them, figured I'd get some knowledge here possibly. Thanks for the help.

(Invalid img) (Invalid img) (Invalid img) (Invalid img)
From the look of it, I'd say that someone tried to make a new neck look old. The back of the headstock certainly doesn't seem to have ANY age on it, while the front looks like it's been stained, instead of the yellow tint that a naturally aged clear coat would develop. Anyone can download a logo and print it on waterslide decal paper. I'd sand the front of the headstock down and start over. I don't think that neck is anywhere near 10 years old, let alone 40.
Quote by scorpio2billion
From the look of it, I'd say that someone tried to make a new neck look old. The back of the headstock certainly doesn't seem to have ANY age on it, while the front looks like it's been stained, instead of the yellow tint that a naturally aged clear coat would develop. Anyone can download a logo and print it on waterslide decal paper. I'd sand the front of the headstock down and start over. I don't think that neck is anywhere near 10 years old, let alone 40.

I noticed the same thing with the underside of the neck looking so fresh. Wish it had something else to distinguish it's origin just for my own knowledge.
Quote by scorpio2billion

i think you hit it head on. however i am not a fender buff. especially the offsets.

are you sure that it is a fender neck even?

side note: thats why i think they should stamp deeper/burn in serial numbers from the factory. whether it be the neck and body or whatever.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/