Hello UG!

I have a JCM900, of which I only use the "clean" channel, and use effects pedals to get higher overdrive sounds. With this in mind, I don't need a channel switch, but I do want to be able to turn the reverb on/off from my pedalboard.

To make my own footswitch that would only toggle the reverb and not the channel, might I assume that I just need to wire up a standard locking footswitch to the "ring" of a TRS cable and leave the "tip" disconnected?

I'm not sure if I've explained that properly, but hopefully you get the idea...

Thanks all!
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..
I'm not familiar with the JCM900 but a quick Google search suggests that you're right. It looks like grounding the tip switches channels and grounding the ring switches the reverb on and off.
Do you think I'd be able to use a Strymon Tap/Favorite pedal to do this, if I work out which mode uses the ring rather than the tip? I assume that's how it works anyway..
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom

Laney L20H Lionheart

Wasn't familiar with that thing either but according to Google the Tap/Fav switches the tip between the ring and sleeve, so it wouldn't work.

You can just build your own footswitch. It'd be super easy and cheap to do.
Fair enough!

So I'd have to wire the ground to the ring and "live" to the sleeve?
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom

Laney L20H Lionheart

No, just wire an SPST to connect the ring and sleeve.

The reverb is activated by grounding the ring. Since the amp has the footswitch jack's sleeve grounded by default, all you have to do is wire the footswitch pedal to connect its ring and sleeve.

Make sense?
Quote by Invader Jim
No, just wire an SPST to connect the ring and sleeve.

The reverb is activated by grounding the ring. Since the amp has the footswitch jack's sleeve grounded by default, all you have to do is wire the footswitch pedal to connect its ring and sleeve.

Make sense?

Yeah I think I'm with you now!

Thanks, I'll give it a go in a couple of weeks
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom

Laney L20H Lionheart