Page 1 of 3
Whatever instrument you play.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Mine would be that i have to re tune my G B and high E strings every two minutes because they go waayy out of tune. I don't get how people aren't tuning in the middle of songs while recording and are still in tune.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Last edited by 457undead at May 4, 2014,
When a piano is out of tune. Literally nothing you can do for it except a few hundred dollars. Or when a piano has really bad action, or no weight on the keys, or no dynamic, etc.

But really, nothing winds me up more than a piano that isn't good. Literally nothing at all.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by 457undead
Mine would be that i have to re tune my G B and high E strings every two minutes because they go waayy out of tune. I don't get how people aren't tuning in the middle of songs while recording and are still in tune.

What guitar is it and have you stretched the strings out?
The fact that even though it is harmonically capable of employing any tuning system (12 tone equal temperament, just intonation, meantone temperament, 17 tone, 24 tone, 52 tone, 72 tone, pythagorean tuning, etc) in any key (try playing in all 12 keys on a just intonated piano) while being completely polyphonic, and yet because other instruments cannot do that, it can never really take full advantage of it's completely unrivaled harmonic capabilities.

Also it requires hours and hours to change strings, which should ideally be done at least every two weeks. I don't ever change strings though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Baby Joel
When a piano is out of tune. Literally nothing you can do for it except a few hundred dollars. Or when a piano has really bad action, or no weight on the keys, or no dynamic, etc.

But really, nothing winds me up more than a piano that isn't good. Literally nothing at all.

yep

I hate hate hate that I have to pay a good chunk of money everytime it needs to be tuned. Been playing my keyboard almost exclusively because I can't get it tuned right now.

I also hate when people ask me to play stuff on some piano I've never used before and expect it to be no different.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by K'Nuckles
What guitar is it and have you stretched the strings out?

MIM fender strat and I have been using the same strings for like two months so I don't think the strings not being stretched out is the problem.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
I need to practice in order to sound good

I cant fit it in my pocket

It makes me seem like I know something about music when I don't
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
It's too short....... oh wait, did you mean musical instrument
give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Quote by chookiecookie
the fact it doesn't get me all the pussy i could ever eat

That's funny. I was going to say too much pussy!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Baby Joel

Yeah. I'd love to get into tuning pianos. It would be such a great skill to have. Plus, I have a really really good ear for that.
Quote by theogonia777
The fact that even though it is harmonically capable of employing any tuning system (12 tone equal temperament, just intonation, meantone temperament, 17 tone, 24 tone, 52 tone, 72 tone, pythagorean tuning, etc) in any key (try playing in all 12 keys on a just intonated piano) while being completely polyphonic, and yet because other instruments cannot do that, it can never really take full advantage of it's completely unrivaled harmonic capabilities.

Also it requires hours and hours to change strings, which should ideally be done at least every two weeks. I don't ever change strings though.

Oh yeah that too
banned
My G string always out of intonation, my low B in Drop B impossible to intonate...
Quote by 457undead
MIM fender strat and I have been using the same strings for like two months so I don't think the strings not being stretched out is the problem.

Change the strings, dum dum. Two months and they're gonna be all fucky and won't sound as good. Also, intonating your guitar never hurts.

If the problem persists, it might just be the guitar. My last guitar had an awful habit of constantly losing the tuning on the G string. Everything else would always stay relatively in tune.
Quote by Dimarzio45
Yeah. I'd love to get into tuning pianos. It would be such a great skill to have. Plus, I have a really really good ear for that.

In a few months I'm going to try and get into Australia's school of piano tuning, one the 8 students per year (on average).
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
In a few months I'm going to try and get into Australia's school of piano tuning, one the 8 students per year (on average).

Fukk yeah!
I'm sure that's some rigorous training.
how hard can it be to tune a piano?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead

oh god gawd

You've obviously never seen the process.
Quote by 457undead

I swear I just shake my head at literally everything you say.
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
I swear I just shake my head at literally everything you say.

Canti 2.0

Edit- I don't even think Canti is that bad though
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at May 4, 2014,
I'm not saying that it's not hard, I'm just curious as to how hard it could be.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead

It's obviously difficult enough to have schools/academies dedicated to it. You don't see that happening for guitars.
My saxophone (way too expensive to be pulling this crap with me haha) has a bit of trouble pulling a G# in the upper octave.. Funny, because the solo I'm learning is in C# and, since G# is the fifth, it gets used quite often....
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Ugh, I know nothing about pianos, I didn't even know there were schools dedicated to piano tuning. Please stop confusing me being ignorant and me being curious.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by deadsmileyface
Oh yeah that too

your instrument doesn't do that

only mine

Quote by 457undead

a guitar has 6 strings

a piano has like 300
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
in my opinion i like the sound of an older string :/ i change them like...once a year unless i break one lol
But can you tuna fish? Nyuk nyuk nyuk.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
My telecaster has a loose rattly neck pickup, it cracks and pops if you bump it. The input jack can be a bit temperamental, it has an odd top harmonic that I've come to like on the bridge pickup. Gives it some extra bite. The frets have gouges where I like to bend. It no longer intonates properly. I really should put it in for a setup, but that would mean no guitar while they were working on it.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
No matter how perfect the intonation is, all of the notes along the fretboard will never be perfectly in tune.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Floyd Rose. That's all. Everything else about my guitar is great

Quote by S0n1c '97
My saxophone (way too expensive to be pulling this crap with me haha) has a bit of trouble pulling a G# in the upper octave.. Funny, because the solo I'm learning is in C# and, since G# is the fifth, it gets used quite often....

Yeah my alto sax's pad for the d doesn't work too well, even in the upper octave where it's easier to play

Quote by 457undead

you don't even know
Quote by whywefight
Floyd Rose. That's all. Everything else about my guitar is great

Yeah my alto sax's pad for the d doesn't work too well, even in the upper octave where it's easier to play

you don't even know

wow what an avatar wwf
it's all coming back

Quote by blake1221
why are floyd roses still a thing? they're like a complete failure

Hey, some players just naturally have a difficult time with them. I love my floyd equipped guitars a lot but, I love my hard tails just as much. It really all depends on how much the player ACTUALLY NEEDS the floyd. They have great purposes but a lot of players get sucked in to thinking they actually need them when they might not.

Edit- BIG floyd downside....string breakage at a gig.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at May 4, 2014,
Page 1 of 3