Poll: D'you actually "listen" music?
Poll Options
View poll results: D'you actually "listen" music?
yay
44 90%
hey
5 10%
Voters: 49.
Listening in the sense of being just listen to music, not doing anything else...or you listen music while doing stuffs?

EDIT: In my case 90% is while doing something (on the computer, driving, travelling, commuting, etc), and only 10% just listen and doint nothing else.
Last edited by SrThompson at May 4, 2014,
I pretty much only listen to music when i'm driving, cleaning, playing a sports video game, or doing homework.

xxx Music is not my life xxx
When I get a new album, I'll listen to it all the way through with headphones on in the dark. It's like a nice meditation, almost.

But no, most of the time I'll just have it on while driving / playing games.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by bradulator
I pretty much only listen to music when i'm driving, cleaning, playing a sports video game, or doing homework.

xxx Music is not my life xxx

I was gonna type the same thing.

Also when exercising. I used to just listen a lot more, but I'm pretty much always doing something else now.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
i listen to music both actively being a guitarist, and passively needing background noise

so...yes?
ayy lmao
Quote by WCPhils
I was gonna type the same thing.

Also when exercising. I used to just listen a lot more, but I'm pretty much always doing something else now.

I think this is what happens when you have to become an adult and don't have time to just sit and listen to music.
Yes, I listen while reading the score.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yeah I mean there are some times where I just need to sit down and really 'hear' the music you know? Especially if it's new music and I gotta figure out if I like it or not.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I almost always have CDs on when I'm in the car or doing homework, but I haven't sat down and listened to an album in awhile. I guess I'll try and do that over the summer.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by Baby Joel
Yeah I mean there are some times where I just need to sit down and really 'hear' the music you know? Especially if it's new music and I gotta figure out if I like it or not.

I determine whether new music is good or not by how often I turn my head in interest as i'm doing my homework/etc. Good music will be able to penetrate the homework/etc.
Quote by bradulator
I determine whether new music is good or not by how often I turn my head in interest as i'm doing my homework/etc. Good music will be able to penetrate the homework/etc.

Haha this reminds me of a few times I would be talking to a friend at their house while there's music going and I'll interrupt what they're saying and be like, "What's this?"

But it's rare that I'm not listening to music in some way in my free time. Somethings almost always playing. I.e. when I'm driving, on the computer, working out, actually listening, falling asleep, etc.
Yeah. I almost always listen while doing other stuff but it's almost always the focus over whatever else is going on, unless I'm reading or something
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I like doing it sometimes. I totally did the whole headphones in the dark/'meditation' thing that someone posted, but I haven't had the chance to do that as of late.
I listen to music probably hours a day. music is my life lol
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
its a nice riff, blake
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by chaoticfables
I like doing it sometimes. I totally did the whole headphones in the dark/'meditation' thing that someone posted, but I haven't had the chance to do that as of late.

I might try that out tonight, sounds like a cool idea.
Quote by blake1221
i wish i wrote that riff and that song i wish i was in gypsy that'd be rad

you wrote then end of the last song on the latest sr ep and that's very good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by chaoticfables

It's great. Nice headphones strongly recommended.

It's nice to just be able to experience the album as closely as possible to the way the artist intends it to be experienced.

I have this thing where I'll always have a strong association between an album and whatever I was doing at the time when I first heard it. That's why I try to be in a neutral state when I first get into it. And I'll never listen to new albums at work.

The best is when you first discover or get into a new artist at their show. Their music will always take you back to that night. It's awesome.

Not sure if anyone else is like this, but I basically measure time with what albums I was listening to at the time. Like someone will ask something like, "what year did we first meet?", and I'll know immediately, it was X year because that's when X album came out, and I was really digging that album when we met.

Silly, I know.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
I do listen to music a lot.

Sometimes I forget that I'm driving when a good song comes on the radio. That's how I lost my license...
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by lolmnt
you wrote then end of the last song on the latest sr ep and that's very good.

aww, thanks man. can't wait to show you the new stuff. i think it's way better.
Quote by blake1221
aww, thanks man. can't wait to show you the new stuff. i think it's way better.

Can't wait. That ep is a regular listen for me (I listened to it today, actually).
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

You have to when you record your own. Hours upon hours of listening intently.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by bradulator

This.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
It's great. Nice headphones strongly recommended.

It's nice to just be able to experience the album as closely as possible to the way the artist intends it to be experienced.

Unless you're listening to an album where binaural recording was utilised, headphone listening isn't the closest as possible way to experience the artist's intent.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Unless you're listening to an album where binaural recording was utilised, headphone listening isn't the closest as possible way to experience the artist's intent.

true, but unless you've got a decent hi-fi setup, nice headphones are definitely better than laptop speakers, and definitely better than earbuds and stuff. I'd even listen through my Sennheisers than through most computer speakers
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
true, but unless you've got a decent hi-fi setup, nice headphones are definitely better than laptop speakers, and definitely better than earbuds and stuff. I'd even listen through my Sennheisers than through most computer speakers

The problem with headphones is that they have a very exaggerated, yet at the same time limited soundstage- you can be very aware of where the sound is coming from. Even with a modest setup, or even separate laptop/computer speakers, with a bit of care with placement/toe-in etc, the speakers can, to varying degrees, 'disappear.'
Quote by Deliriumbassist

I'll keep that in mind next time I use binaural beats to help me have sex dreams.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by snipelfritz
I do listen to music a lot.

Sometimes I forget that I'm driving when a good song comes on the radio. That's how I lost my license...

I drove off the road one time because I got carried away playing air guitar on the e-brake.
If I listen while doing something I end up either not paying attention to what I'm doing or not taking any of the music. So unless you count riding a bus as doing something, then I always just listen to the music.
Musical Theatre! *jazz hands*

...what am I doing on this site...