Hey everyone. Today I just made a page where metal bands can come and submit their music and have it reviewed and critiqued. With having a music degree in guitar I hope my expertise will help. I will be 100% honest and won't bash bands how other pages alike do. (Unless its THAT bad haha) Spread the word and cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/brutalreviewsmetal
Yeaaaaaaaah..... nobody cares about your opinion though.

Especially when you give no reason to other than having a music degree in guitar. That doesn't help any considering you have to judge music as a whole.

And with a name like brutal reviews.... well..... say goodbye to any decent reputation you had here on UG.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
glhf finding anybody on UG with 1,000 likes on a Facebook page.

No, I'm serious. That's the dumbest thing I have ever seen. The fact that you would think of yourself as great enough to only review people that are at least somewhat known baffles me. I understand the need to "stem the flow" (>Implying there is one) of submissions is one thing but this is just silly.

I hope you're prepared to take criticism
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Last edited by S0n1c '97 at May 4, 2014,
^^^ Lol, that didn't go so well.

I would be quite hesitant to send my terrible band's music to a page called "Brutal Reviews". Just sayin'.
It's cool that you have a degree in music and all, but you should probably stop taking yourself so seriously before you go around trying to give people your "expertise." I'm all for starting a music review blog/page/whatever - that's totally cool if that's what you want to do, but you've got to ditch the "I'm an expert/only bands with >1000 likes" rubbish.

There are enough pretentious, elitist music bloggers out there already - don't add to their numbers.
haha look at all the people that don't have 1k likes yet
Check out my band Disturbed
My review of profmcnasty, threadstarter, 2014, UG - The Pit:

Unfounded arrogance, utterly bankrupt of good ideas. I almost characterized "Metal guitarist with guitar degree masquerading himself as a classical guitarist" as middle of the road, but that would imply he's actually going somewhere. 2 thumbs down.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
My review of profmcnasty, threadstarter, 2014, UG - The Pit:

Unfounded arrogance, utterly bankrupt of good ideas. I almost characterized "Metal guitarist with guitar degree masquerading himself as a classical guitarist" as middle of the road, but that would imply he's actually going somewhere. 2 thumbs down.

an open minded review. it also stated the flaws in a detailed manner, and a great method for delivering an idea; using very clear analogies.

with the added bonus of not needing > 1000 likes, I can safely say that this reviewer is more profound and professional than TS.
Lol, why only metal. why 1000+ likes? why even critique other bands when there's nothing in it for you, except for stealing the idea's of the bands you liked.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Music degree in guitar? Does that even exist? I've not heard of such until now so it must reallyyy be a pointless degree.
lol
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
You have a music degree in guitar, so your qualified to play a guitar (which, to be fair, doesn't mean very much because lots of people successfully play guitar without first obtaining degrees) so what exactly qualifies you to critique metal bands?

Do you have a degree in metal bands?
can I get a degree in reviewing review pages?
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Hey look annother failed musician.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.