Hi all, I'm thinking of going to Berlin for a weekend away with some mates. Any tips/recommendations?

Ta.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
You should take Manhattan first
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Go to one of those Techno clubs. Even if you don't like Techno it will still be really cool.
If you like gaming there's a small gaming museum.
That's all I know.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

lol I spent the Easter weekend there.

Best recommendation I can give is Mike's Fat Tire Bike Tours Berlin or whatever it was called. Google it. For around 4 hours, you get to ride a bike all around the city and see and learn everything about the place, along with other tourists and a really cool guide dude/girl. The bike and everything is included, and you get to sit at a reserved table at an outdoors beer restaurant around lunchtime. It's like 25€ per person, I think it is the best way to see Berlin and great value for money.
Quote by KingChris90
Watch out for Hitler.

Don't be such an R-tard. Hitler's dead.

OP, keep your eyes peeled for MechaNaziHitler.
If you have any liking of electronic music visit one of the amazing techno clubs. Berghain (if you can get in) tresor or watergate.

They are all built in like old factories and powerstations and stuff. I absolutely loved it their. Did I mention they are open till lunchtime the next day aswell.
Skip through the streets swinging shopping bags and singing a cheery tune of "la la las."
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Kreuzberg is a cool place to explore. There is an indoor neon light mini golf course/bar in one of the parks. Drinking and mini golf, what more could you want?
I've been twice, once just before Christmas last year. A couple of the best things I did whilst there:
The free alternative walking tour - http://alternativeberlin.com/subculture-berlin-free-tour
There are a load of touristy walking tours that will show you the Brandenburg gate, the wall, checkpoint charlie, etc. This is not that. It's a great tour that will show you the other side of Berlin, and some of the history you won't get on the regular tours. Take some money to leave a decent tip though - the guides do a great job.
There's an alternative pub crawl run by the same people. I didn't go on it, but it sounded like a pretty good deal.

White Trash Fast Food - http://www.whitetrashfastfood.com/
Good atmosphere and live music most nights. Good food (but pricey), and a good range of drinks (again, pricey).

Cool cocktail bars - Stagger Lee (wild west themed) and Green Door (great range of cocktails, really strange vibe but pretty cool)

If you're looking for something unusual to do, there's an abandoned NSA listening station called Teufelsberg that you can look around, but its watched by some suspicious 'guards' who you will probably have to pay for a 'tour', but it's worth checking out if you're up for a bit of an adventure!

That should get you started, but if you've got any questions drop me a PM
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Couchsurfing, the best way of accomodation.

Make sure to stop by the bordello near the airport (if I remember correctly, the Berlin airport has one nearby)

I've never been to Berlin, so I can not say anything about the activities you can parttake in while there. I would find urbex fun to do, though. There must be cool places to explore there.
DeVillains!
Kreuzberg and Neukölln have plenty of great bars. Check out the Deutsche Guggenheim. There's a great hostel called Generator in the city centre that's reasonably priced.
+1 on Generator Hostel - I stayed in the one in Prenzlauer Berg in a private room with a friend for around £14 a night. It was pretty much a hotel but without any of the unnecessary extras!
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Jyrgen
lol I spent the Easter weekend there.

Best recommendation I can give is Mike's Fat Tire Bike Tours Berlin or whatever it was called. Google it. For around 4 hours, you get to ride a bike all around the city and see and learn everything about the place, along with other tourists and a really cool guide dude/girl. The bike and everything is included, and you get to sit at a reserved table at an outdoors beer restaurant around lunchtime. It's like 25€ per person, I think it is the best way to see Berlin and great value for money.

This. I went on this when I was there last year. Probably the best 25 euros I've ever spent. They take you to see the major tourist attractions starting at the TV tower ( the shop is located around there) then it takes you to see victory column, the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, the site of Hitler's bunker, The Reichstag, sections of the Berlin Wall, through Tiergarten and as has all ready being mentioned the Beer garden for lunch.

Then I'd recommend doing the pub crawl which starts out around the same area as the bike tour starts it's about 20 euros and you get a free beer at the start and VIP entrance into about 4 pubs and clubs with a free welcoming shot at each one.

Then there is the Sachsenhausen Concentration camp a short train ride away which I'd recommend not because it's fun but because it's interesting and in my opinion important to learn about. Also in a similar vein there is the Topography of terror which was the old Gestapo/SS headquarters if memory serves.

It doesn't really matter what you do though it's impossible not to have fun in Berlin I can't wait to get back there in a couple of months.
Quote by DardySon
This. I went on this when I was there last year. Probably the best 25 euros I've ever spent. They take you to see the major tourist attractions starting at the TV tower ( the shop is located around there) then it takes you to see victory column, the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, the site of Hitler's bunker, The Reichstag, sections of the Berlin Wall, through Tiergarten and as has all ready being mentioned the Beer garden for lunch.

Then I'd recommend doing the pub crawl which starts out around the same area as the bike tour starts it's about 20 euros and you get a free beer at the start and VIP entrance into about 4 pubs and clubs with a free welcoming shot at each one.

Then there is the Sachsenhausen Concentration camp a short train ride away which I'd recommend not because it's fun but because it's interesting and in my opinion important to learn about. Also in a similar vein there is the Topography of terror which was the old Gestapo/SS headquarters if memory serves.

It doesn't really matter what you do though it's impossible not to have fun in Berlin I can't wait to get back there in a couple of months.

Someday I might seriously open a similar bike tour business over here, it was a great time
Quote by Jyrgen
Someday I might seriously open a similar bike tour business over here, it was a great time

Does Finland even attract enough tourists? I've never heard of anyone going there for any reason. Not even for business.
Quote by Jyrgen

If it's anything like the Berlin one I'd go on it.