Are crooked pickups normal on guitars? I cant find any pictures that show what i mean but it doesn't look right.
The neck pickup placement for strats and teles is in the area of the 24th fret, which is a harmonic spot. It's not necessary, and the close the pickup pole is to the neck, the more bassey the sound, so an angled pickup could be place with a specific tone in mind, rather than the harmonics.

It all boils down to preference in the end.
I saw one that looked like someone built it himself the other day at a pawn shop and the bridge pickup was almost 45 degress and i thought that was really weird.
45 degrees is a bit extreme. A slanted or off axis pickups just give a different sound. Hard to describe exactly. It's more of a preference thing.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
There are a number of guitars with slanted pickups, including at the neck. Some are placed that way for looks, some for sonics, some just because the scales are different between the treble area and the bass strings:

Quote by W4RP1G
The neck pickup placement for strats and teles is in the area of the 24th fret, which is a harmonic spot.

There's a whole ream of malarky about the 24th fret and harmonic nodes and pickup locations. Some of it takes some serious flights of fantasy away from any scientific notion of harmonics and crosses over into elven mythology.
Dat Nighthawk doe. Never seen one with a Floyd.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Dat Nighthawk doe. Never seen one with a Floyd.

I know, right? This is the Custom (ebony f/b, real MOP inlays), and it's on my short list. With the Floyd. SD makes tilted pickups for them if you want to replace what it came with. Pretty interesting combination of pickups -- a minihum, a single coil and a tilted humbucker.
Quote by dspellman
I know, right? This is the Custom (ebony f/b, real MOP inlays), and it's on my short list. With the Floyd. SD makes tilted pickups for them if you want to replace what it came with. Pretty interesting combination of pickups -- a minihum, a single coil and a tilted humbucker.

I was about an hour away from buying one of the Epiphone reissues with the black top before I found my Iceman. Was planning on putting those SDs in it if I got it.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by dspellman
There's a whole ream of malarky about the 24th fret and harmonic nodes and pickup locations. Some of it takes some serious flights of fantasy away from any scientific notion of harmonics and crosses over into elven mythology.

lol agreed
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?