Greetings all

I was looking to upgrade my Squier telecaster without buying a new Fender telecaster. It was my first ever guitar purchase and just doesn't really cut it for anymore. I'm still pretty inexperienced with guitars, and the only "experts" I can speak to in person are the people trying to sell me things. So with that said, I'm looking for suggestions with any worthwhile upgrades I can do for under $200.
I was thinking about buying new pickups, but I'm not sure what to expect as far as different brands and sound. I'm looking for a good all around rock sound. Thanks!
What model do you have?
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil
What model do you have?

This. And what do you play?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
also what's your amp? it's not the only important thing, and if your guitar was pretty cheap odds are some upgrades will help a lot too, but if you're trying to get a certain tone with an unsuitable amp, the guitar upgrades will only do so much (i.e. not enough and you're liable to be disappointed).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the Affinity Telecaster Special and an Orange Crush 35ldx. I play everything from the Rolling Stones to Nirvana, so I just wanted a generally good sound
So you need to sell your guitar and use that $200 to put towards a decent guitar like a Squier Classic Vibe or a Mexican Strat, Epi LP or something, then find another $300 and get a decent amp.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I agree that your best option is to sell it and put that money plus your $200 into a better guitar.

However, if you're absolutely set on upgrading your guitar, your $200 should buy you a new bridge (I like the vintage 3 saddle) new pickups and new tuners. With your budget I'd personally look at gfs pickups and shop around for the rest(eBay, Amazon etc)
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.