Page 1 of 3
Figure I'd make a thread for the Fargo TV series because it's actually pretty darn good and it'd be nice to have a place to talk about it every week. So go on and discuss what you're thinking of the TV series and I guess the film too because it's certainly worth talking about.

Billy Bob Thornton has been great so far. All the cast has been really.
Kept meaning to make this but kept forgetting. Yeah it's been great. I'd like to start a topic of conversation up but I can't remember the last episode at all for some reason
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Random3
I've seen the film and I love it. I don't really get what the series has to do with the film, although I haven't really researched it. Is it just a similar style and set in the same town?

yup
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Love it. Haven't watched the most recent episode yet though.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I loved when Billy Bob straight pooped in front of that guy
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Random3
I've seen the film and I love it. I don't really get what the series has to do with the film, although I haven't really researched it. Is it just a similar style and set in the same town?

More or less. I guess there are a few comparable characters too but none are exactly alike. If you're a fan of Fargo or the Coen brothers then it's definitely worth a look.
So far, great. Billy Bob Thorton plays such a great ass-hole.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
i like it
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
awesome show, i love that there's secretly sooo many characters in it...bilbo baggins, saul goodman, the lawyer from jurassic park, etc
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Probs won't come here cus the muricans are ahead and will probs spoil it
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Oh hi theerre!

I just watched the film a few days ago
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Just watched the most recent episode. It continues to get better. Everybody in the cast is doing a really great job as far as I'm concerned, especially Billy Bob Thornton.

So I guess the show takes place in the same fiction as the film. The opening scene with Stavros finding the money from the film was great. The whole Plagues of Egypt thing going on is good too. Guess it's all leading up to the death of the firstborn.

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite shows. I'm enjoying every plot thread that's going on.
Last edited by homeless-john at May 7, 2014,
Oh jeez, I just watched the film a week or so ago, yah!

Series any good? Obvs is.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by homeless-john
Just watched the most recent episode. It continues to get better. Everybody in the cast is doing a really great job as far as I'm concerned, especially Billy Bob Thornton.

So I guess the show takes place in the same fiction as the film. The opening scene with Stavros finding the money from the film was great. The whole Plagues of Egypt thing going on is good too. Guess it's all leading up to the death of the firstborn.

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite shows. I'm enjoying every plot thread that's going on.

I have no idea what that spoiler is about wat, unless you're ahead of me or something.

But yeah this show's great. It's only show I've been actively following since forever
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
I have no idea what that spoiler is about wat, unless you're ahead of me or something.

But yeah this show's great. It's only show I've been actively following since forever

I'm on the 4th episode. Probably should've said as much, sorry.

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Oh jeez, I just watched the film a week or so ago, yah!

Series any good? Obvs is.

Obvs. You should get caught up soon as you can.
Quote by homeless-john
Obvs. You should get caught up soon as you can.

The hell do you think I'm doing right now?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Ahh what did I say in my first post, it'd get spoiled by muricans and you ain't even a murican. #treason
Quote by ErikLensherr

I just started watching episode 3 right before I saw this thread. I'm really enjoying this show so far.
The fourth episode was good. I'm really enjoying this.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
That was great, really tempted to stream the next episode tomorrow.

Also, every time i watch it, the opening theme gives me goosebumps.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
fargo is my favorite movie and i'm afraid i won't like this

i wanna like it but if i don't everything will be ruined forever.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn

Nah it's pretty good, seems to get better by the episode. It's more like a series inspired by the film than an adaptation or sequel or something.
Quote by Eastwinn

Fargo's up there for me too. The first episode was a little hard to get through (mainly the first half an hour or so) because of too many references to the show and maybe me comparing it too much, but it's good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by homeless-john

So it does involve the events in the film in some way? I guess I should go watch it.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
So it does involve the events in the film in some way? I guess I should go watch it.

The only link so far is that someone finds a bag of money that was there from events in the film, and whilst that's linked to the film, watching the film wouldn't really help or affect anything else in the plot currently (though I guess if that link is there there might be more to come).
Just watched the film. It was pretty good but I prefer the show. And yeah the bag is the only link so far, but there are a shit ton of parallels between the two, to the point where the film is worth watching for perspective.
guys wtf

why are we not discussing what just happened in the new episode. I'm freaking out.

Also, I've made my mind up. This show is Breaking Bad levels of good.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
guys wtf

why are we not discussing what just happened in the new episode. I'm freaking out.

Also, I've made my mind up. This show is Breaking Bad levels of good.

Just to be clear, episode 6?

Fucking Gus Grimly! I like his character but he's just so incompotent as a cop and I really liked Molly. Hopefully she isn't actually dead but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if she was.

The whole "suicide by police" thing was also very tense.

It really is getting better with every episode and it started pretty damn well. I just can't really fault the show for anything. It's well written. It's got excellent pacing. The cast continues to do a great job. It's just surpassed all expectations I had for it.

Sadly, I don't think this thread has really caught on.
Quote by homeless-john
Just to be clear, episode 6?

Fucking Gus Grimly! I like his character but he's just so incompotent as a cop and I really liked Molly. Hopefully she isn't actually dead but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if she was.

The whole "suicide by police" thing was also very tense.

It really is getting better with every episode and it started pretty damn well. I just can't really fault the show for anything. It's well written. It's got excellent pacing. The cast continues to do a great job. It's just surpassed all expectations I had for it.

Sadly, I don't think this thread has really caught on.

Personally, I'd prefer if Molly were actually dead, as it would make it much more intense when Grimly finally confronts Malvo 1v1.

I'm more broken up about Malvo betraying Don, as well as Malvo killing Mr. Numbers. Goddamn Malvo. If I didn't love him so much as a character I'd be really pissed off.

I don't think it's the thread, it seems like this show hasn't caught on that much in general. Which is unfortunate considering how good it is. The fact that it's only a 10 episode-run show probably doesn't help though, since by the time it picks up steam it will be over.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Personally, I'd prefer if Molly were actually dead, as it would make it much more intense when Grimly finally confronts Malvo 1v1.

I'm more broken up about Malvo betraying Don, as well as Malvo killing Mr. Numbers. Goddamn Malvo. If I didn't love him so much as a character I'd be really pissed off.

I don't think it's the thread, it seems like this show hasn't caught on that much in general. Which is unfortunate considering how good it is. The fact that it's only a 10 episode-run show probably doesn't help though, since by the time it picks up steam it will be over.

I do agree that it'd probably be the better choice dramatically. I just really like Molly.

And no matter who Malvo kills, they're going to be a good character. Don was particularly entertaining on screen though so he will be missed.

Is it just 10 episodes then done forever or is there going to be a second series? If the latter, then I could see it picking up a lot of speed on streaming services/DVD before a second series because it is REALLY good.
The fact that this show is on the eighth episode of a ten episode season and this thread is on the first page is criminal

This show is incredible and keeps getting better.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Yea, it's really really good. Haven't seen yesterday's episode yet, but 6 was insane.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 3