I'm trying to figure out the time signature of this song, but it kind of has me puzzled.
Any chance you'd care to lend another set of ears?

http://youtu.be/n5f3gfFtHY8

Thanks in advance!
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
I promise you to death that it's in 4/4. There's syncopation and a few other little things going on, but there's a 4/4 pulse right through it the same way a police siren swarls through freeway-goers' ears at constant time while twenty to forty-something cars jibble to the shoulders at different paces. I promise.
You might could use some double modals.
I guess the arrangement was just throwing me off

Thank you!
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
To be a little more helpful:

Tapping what I think said pulse is into a metronome gives an average of 115 bpm over the whole song, and then to be safe I'd give it 5 bpm slower and faster as a range. Try listening to the song with a metronome at a setting between 110 and 120 bpm, starting it at about 0:04 in the song. Short of transcribing this or looking for sheet music, I'm afraid I can't give you anything better. Good luck getting the groove though!
You might could use some double modals.
yeah i think 4/4

the first snare beat in the bar (in the verse) is late, i think that's probably what's throwing you off. normally the snare is on 2 and 4.

in the chorus i think both snare hits are late.

when i play air drums through it with the snare in the more usual place it fits fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Another way to tell what time sig you're listening to is to listen to how often the chords change. This is called the harmonic rhythm. In 4/4 time chords will usually change once or twice per bar (or stay that same of course). So, when you hear a chord change, start counting. This song follows that pattern. If the chords change it's about one about every bar.