Poll Options
View poll results: what's worse
shit parents
45 60%
no parents
30 40%
Voters: 75.
Page 1 of 2
I know a guy who is a foster kid and doesn't know who his parents are. I also watched Spiderman the other day and his parents left him. So it got me thinking. What is worse: growing up with shitty asshole parents, or growing up as a foster kid with no knowledge of your parents?
asshole parents obvs
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
brad parents

shit foster parents
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

what about no shit parents

hhahaaaahhh
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Ian probably had shitty parents, so I would go with shitty parents being worse than no parents
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
shitty parents for sure. At least you know who your parents are, and they still have to take care of you (somewhat, at least necessities). If you have no parents, you're on your own. You have to live in a foster home till you're 18. And even after that you have to do everything by yourself, no guidance at all (even shitty guidance from a drunk bastard in a broken home is better than no guidance at all.)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I had this argument in another thread long ago. I had shit parents but the other guy had lost his parent. He argued that grief and not knowing is worse than knowing that it sucked. In the end I had to give it to him.

Doesn't mean that growing up like eminem doesn't suck.
parents aren't supposed to be cool or fun or there to serve their kids. the whole idea of "shitty parents" is flawed unless they are locking kids up in basements or putting cigarettes out on them. Parents that give their kids everything create spoiled weak minded jerk adults.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
parents aren't supposed to be cool or fun or there to serve their kids. the whole idea of "shitty parents" is flawed unless they are locking kids up in basements or putting cigarettes out on them. Parents that give their kids everything create spoiled weak minded jerk adults.

I'm fairly certain that what is meant is parents that do all that shit.
Shit parents are worse because you'll feel like a prisoner and that they own you.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Last edited by rolandroi at May 6, 2014,
Quote by SuperMissMan
Shitty are worst though. I don't give a shit about no parents.

let me guess... you're in high school.
I think having shitty parents is worse.

Having no parents would probably seem worse at first, but once you accept the loneliness and become independent you would be free and in better position to learn earlier.
Having shitty parents could hold you back 18+ years.
Shit parents are worse.

Try telling an abused child it's better to be abused than to not have that parent/parents
ayy lmao
Isn't growing up in a fosterhome a likely sign that your parents were/would be shitty parents?

The Shitty Parent reins supreme.
Quote by zenbone

I don't like this post

And no parents for sure. Still wish my dad left a long time ago.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at May 6, 2014,
Quote by chookiecookie
Shit parents are worse.

Try telling an abused child it's better to be abused than to not have that parent/parents

+1
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
oh **** i voted wrong way around. -1 vote to no parents +1 to shit parents thank you.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
basically i think it's whichever one you had you wish you had the other when really they both just suck and are harmful and it's horrible and we're all broken except Phils
Depends what level of shitty we're talking.

If I didn't I'd likely displace that "idol/parent" thing to someone I respected and knew but not to the caregiving level one does a parent.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by willT08
basically i think it's whichever one you had you wish you had the other when really they both just suck and are harmful and it's horrible and we're all broken except Phils

god damn it phils
Quote by bradulator
I know a guy who is a foster kid and doesn't know who his parents are. I also watched Spiderman the other day and his parents left him. So it got me thinking. What is worse: growing up with shitty asshole parents, or growing up as a foster kid with no knowledge of your parents?

How does one grow up with no parents? Or did he grow up in a foster home?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I'd have to say that (at least in my situation) shitty parents seem preferable. Since I was 8 years old I had an extremely depressed mom that would just lay in bed all day (something I still kinda resent her for due to the circumstances at the time), has been verbally/emotionally abusive at times and has occasionally been violent. My dad has never really been much of a father figure and is an asshole with anger problems (has put me thru a door in one of these episodes) and hates anyone disagreeing with him (he starts yelling as soon as me or my mom will say anything that contradicts what he says).

Situation is better with both of them since I was about 16-17. Mom isn't like that anymore and does care about me, and I have no relationship with my dad at all. I haven't had a proper parent since my aunt (who was basically my mom) died when I was eight. It's ****ed me up a bit and I'm terrible at dealing with emotions/feelings as a result of how my home life was during those years, but I'm pretty sure I'd be much worse off if I didn't have parents.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by willT08
I'd much rather have kept my shit alcoholic dad than him have abandoned me

Why?
For a number of reasons based around how he left that would be a bit much to post here. But he wasn't a bad dad to me, he just took us up to his house on the coast every week and then get absolutely hammered whilst we played Tiger Woods

At the time I didn't even realize that was dodgy at all
Quote by k.lainad
shitty parents for sure. At least you know who your parents are, and they still have to take care of you (somewhat, at least necessities). If you have no parents, you're on your own. You have to live in a foster home till you're 18. And even after that you have to do everything by yourself, no guidance at all (even shitty guidance from a drunk bastard in a broken home is better than no guidance at all.)

I'd rather take not having parents than ones who physically/sexually/mentally abuse me. I'd rather live trying to find a direction than have it screwed up by ****ed irresponsible parents.
Bad parents are definitely the worst. Every child who was ever a child deserves parents who will actually love you, not parents who won't care about you.

At least with no parents, most of the time, they are in some better care. Better than parents that don't care can ever give.

Edit: I'm not really sure if s****y parents translates to parents who don't care or abusive parents, but my comment works with both.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 6, 2014,
Quote by SuperMissMan
I'd rather take not having parents than ones who physically/sexually/mentally abuse me. I'd rather live trying to find a direction than have it screwed up by ****ed irresponsible parents.

+1

Just having a child doesn't make you a parent
ayy lmao
It doesn't matter.

The kid will no doubt find a father or mother model to learn from be it a friend, teacher, movie or book.

Or some will introvert and will develop their own idea of how the world works.

So yeah, no shitty parents please. They're the reason people continue to be shitty.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Page 1 of 2