I got a new pack of strings and got my E and A strings on perfectly fine. But my D string is struggling to stay on. I've retried a couple of times, which has led a part of the string next to the tuning peg to curl up. And it doesn't seem to straighten out all the way... Is there anything I can do? Is this string salvageable?
Not sure where the D string is struggling to stay on ( bridge, nut, etc). Could have a bad string in the package. The package could have been dropped n kicked before you ended up with it. My rule on strings is if it looks bent or has already been tightened to normal tightness and then untightened, I will NOT use that string again. Guaranteed breakage....how about a pic?
The strings honestly looked perfectly fine. I didn't go out of my way to inspect them, and didn't notice any irregularities when stringing. The bridgepin keeps on popping out, which makes me think that I need to push it down much tighter. Is it recommended against doing that at all?
Not sure if this is bad or not, but I noticed some wear in my saddle. Here's a picture of it: http://i.imgur.com/V9RkCzK.jpg?1

Now that I took a closer look, I have another question: is it normal for the bridgehole to stretch or give away to the strings like it is on my guitar?
Try wrapping a bit of teflon thread tape around the pin if a new pin doesn't work. You shouldn't need very much, don't overdo it or you'll just make the hole worse. You want it snug, but not so much that it is hard to push the pin in.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Try wrapping a bit of teflon thread tape around the pin if a new pin doesn't work. You shouldn't need very much, don't overdo it or you'll just make the hole worse. You want it snug, but not so much that it is hard to push the pin in.

+1 i did that a few times

OP - first off, why didn't you go to the acoustic forum? why didn't you mention acoustic in the original post?

OP - secondly if you have a kink or sharp bend from the tuning key, throw the string away, because likely it will break on you. probably not at a good time.

OP - thridly you may find a liking of brass bridge pins. it brought some better tone in some acoustics.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/