Okay so. I want some opinions on some solid electric guitars for somewhere in the 350 dollar range. I dont generally like to buy used guitars (i have bad luck getting anything used) but i will take suggestions. I play alot of punk, rock and some metal. so i am looking for something that will sound good on my peavey vyper 30

<edit>
how is the Jackson JS32 King V?
Last edited by amirzaian91 at May 6, 2014,
where are you located?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
get a good used strat or a schecter hellraiser. might want some active pups for that bad boy. and trem no trem?
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Mex Strat or Epiphone Les Paul/SG. All are worthy gig axes.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by amirzaian91
i live in southern california.

Good. You have a lot of options in the used market.

Ask yourself what sorts of features you're looking for in a guitar. If you don't know, do some research on what you can find in that price range that you like the look of. Try a bunch of guitars out in a local guitar store.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
yeah, im planning on going to guitar center soon and trying out a few guitars and maybe getting some face to face help. Ive only been playing for like 2 years so i still dont know much
Quote by Cajundaddy
Mex Strat or Epiphone Les Paul/SG. All are worthy gig axes.

I really wish now that I'd gone with a MIM Strat for my son vs the Squier.

There have been some annoying issues with the Squier already....pots not staying mounted properly, fiber wood falling apart when I changed out his buttons to locking straps, etc.

It was priced nice and felt good....but the material quality is showing up now.

He just now started using the whammy bar after owning it 4 months. I'm fearful of how the bridge mount is going to hold up know after knowing what type of wood everything is mounted on.

An additional $150 or so would have gotten us into a MIM Strat.

Hindsight is a bitch, sometimes.
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
In SoCal it's not unusual to find a Mex Strat in good condition for around $200 on Craigslist. I would not hesitate to gig with one once I set it up to my liking. A lotta bang for the buck. I could pay for that guitar with 2 local gigs.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY