So I heard somewhere that Jeff Hanneman's personal ESPs had maple bodies. The sig models are alder. That seems like it would make the guitar pretty light. Does anyone have one? Does the weight balance well? No neck dive? Thanks.
You're probably not going to get a particularly accurate response on this because it's such a niche topic. Try the ESP forums.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 6, 2014,
Alder can be heavier than maple and maple can be heavier than alder, it'll really depend from which part of the world it is coming.
And +1 for looking on ESP forum
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Quote by !..!_Rock_!..!
So I heard somewhere that Jeff Hanneman's personal ESPs had maple bodies. The sig models are alder. That seems like it would make the guitar pretty light. Does anyone have one? Does the weight balance well? No neck dive? Thanks.

I have one and it's pretty heavy as the body is thicker than the regular model ESP/LTD's(on the EC style models). It's balanced well and has no neck dive on it though.

Here's mine:

[..BLACKFIRE..]
Last edited by Blackfire. at May 7, 2014,
Dude, that looks killer. I hope I can get one before they stop making them. I love Slayer and Jeff Hanneman in particular. I've thought about just getting a black LP and putting in a Kahler by myself. I can't find a Kahler style trem except for the real ones though and they are around $300. Can't afford that yet.
Quote by !..!_Rock_!..!
Dude, that looks killer. I hope I can get one before they stop making them. I love Slayer and Jeff Hanneman in particular. I've thought about just getting a black LP and putting in a Kahler by myself. I can't find a Kahler style trem except for the real ones though and they are around $300. Can't afford that yet.

Too much work. You might as well get one of these and know it was done right.
[..BLACKFIRE..]