Is anyone here familiar with Robison (Not Robinson) Guitars? There is one at a local pawn shop for sale for $350 Australian. Its a bolt on neck so instantly its not going to spectacular. It looks a little like a white tuxedo Custom style Les Paul. I've got no idea what it sounds like as the store doesnt really have much in the way of amps or other gear. Im curious as to the brand mainly. I have no idea where they are made, and Google is not being a help. Any info would be great.
Quote by dazza027
Its a bolt on neck so instantly its not going to spectacular.

I disagree with this statement. "Bolt on neck" doesn't equal "crap guitar".
Will it sustain the same as a set neck or neck through? No. It makes a different sound that some people actually prefer.
Tell the owners of vintage Fender Strats that their guitars aren't spectacular.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
I disagree with this statement. "Bolt on neck" doesn't equal "crap guitar"..

It usually does when you're dealing with an LP copy.

While there are $4K bolt-neck Fenders out there, I've yet to see a bolt-neck LP copy in the upper price ranges, so his instincts that it's likely an unwonderful guitar are probably good.

Any indication of the age of the guitar (condition, obvious hardware?). Often manufacturers will build "house brands" for specific companies. For example, I've run across "Carlos Robelli" guitars that were a Sam Ash house brand as far back as the 70's. In my particular case, it was a Gibson L6S clone that was identical to an Ibanez L6S clone (and both were made in the same Japanese plant), but Sam Ash has retained that name as a house brand to the current day and will occasionally offer a Chinese or Indonesian-made guitar with that logo.
Last edited by dspellman at May 7, 2014,
Quote by ryanbwags
Will it sustain the same as a set neck or neck through? No. It makes a different sound that some people actually prefer.

I disagree. A bolt on with a tight neck pocket, quality material and tight bolts will sustain for days, just as good as a set or neck thru.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
A bolt on with a tight neck pocket, quality material and tight bolts will sustain for days, just as good as a set or neck thru.

+3,1415
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by TheStig1214
I disagree. A bolt on with a tight neck pocket, quality material and tight bolts will sustain for days, just as good as a set or neck thru.

Irrelevant to the OP's post.
Quote by dspellman
Irrelevant to the OP's post.

He was concerned about it being a bolt on. I'll remove myself from this thread now.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
The neck being a bolt on is irrelevant and wasnt the question... What I would like to know is are they a steaming pile of shit, or worth doing a deal on? Thanks for the link dspellman. $120 and no bids sort of settles it for me... I might go in there and offer them a drawing of a 7 legged spider for it...