Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could help me with something. I am going to buy a Dean ML Modifier Floyd Electric Guitar which comes with a Floyd Rose 1000 and USA DMT time capsule pickups. I want to install an Original Floyd Rose and a DiMarzio DP221 D Activator X neck pickup. Is that possible? If so, will I be able to install them easily with instructions at home?
Should be easy enough - some soldering experience may be needed for the pickup, but the bridge should be a drop-in replacement (it's essentially the same exact bridge but the FR1000 is made of cheaper materials).

Instructions should be available online somewhere.

Also, why not replace the bridge pickup while you're at it? Most people prioritise the bridge pickup over the neck one.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I wouldn't bother replacing the FR 1000 till it needs to be replaced. The FR 1000 is made out of the exact same materials (baseplate,saddles and sustain block) as the German OFR and to the same specs. It will be a step sideways, not an upgrade. That money could be better spent on something else. But if you wan't to replace it, it will be an exact swap since it's the same bridge. The pup should be a simple swap as well.
^ I'd have said the german OFRs I've tried were a little better... but at the same time I'd probably hold off until it needed to be replaced, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks a lot for the advice guys! Yeah I might just hold off on the floyd rose untill it needs a new one. I actually decided on getting seymour duncan invader for the bridge and full shred for the neck. So can I like just switch any kind of pickups I want as long as I wire them right?
pretty much, as long as they're regular humbucker-sized.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?