I was wondering if it would be worth my time to put EMG 81/85's in my Westone guitar. I was wondering if any people have went from passive to active and how hard it is...
If you want that sort of compressed EMG tone, then go for it.

You will need to gut the entire guitar, though. New EMGs come with everything you need (pots, output jack, pickups ect.). You'll need to swap all those parts when you do the install. Plus you'll need to insulate the battery considering you more than likely don't have a battery box. Just some foam you need to put in the cavity. This is a pretty helpful video Ryan Bruce did for Seymour Duncan but the same concept still applies to EMGs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkzZ_DgCSGM

Why do you feel you need active pickups, though?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
There is a guide in one of the GBnC stickies on how to do it - in addition to what TheStig just posted - but it seems pointless if you 'just want to try them'.

You are better off going somewhere and playing as many active pickup guitars as you can find. I myself prefer the warmer tone of passives.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

You are better off going somewhere and playing as many active pickup guitars as you can find. I myself prefer the warmer tone of passives.

+ One million.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

This.

I almost jumped onto actives once until I tried them. Was not impressed. Not to mention you should always choose to swap pickups AFTER you've gotten a good amp. Pickups don't change the sound as much as a lot of guitarists think.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Slap a compressor in front, say a MXR and you'd get pretty much the same results as actives.

There are some genres that it works well. For example, after getting my Jackson Soloist Pro with actives I noticed my parts sounded a bit sharper and more defined on recordings. I also needed a lot less of eq and compression on those tracks. It is just a different palette, but not that big of a deal.
I quite like EMG's for live work. They're so damn quiet. I have been switching between a guitar with EMG's to a tele with s/c's and the difference is ridic, even compared to the s/c EMG I have in the neck. The vaunted "lack of warmth" angle doesn't really matter in a gig and in some ways is actually a good thing because they just tear through the mix like a hot knife through butter.
When I am using the tele I have to hit mute as soon as I finish playing, with the EMG's I don't.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification