So I got a little screwed over, I bought two passive humbuckers from emg, assuming it'd be the same solder em on kind of deal. They got here and then I saw that you don't solder them anymore. I had to ditch my mid pickup and all my electronics, and now I can't use my 5 way selector

Anyway I have an ibanez rg, so do they sell 3 way pickup selectors that would fit in the same spot a 5 way would? I see the ones for telecasters, would those work? Thanks! Also would it come with wiring or would I need to buy some?

Well I guess I learned not to order things on my phone, cause I don't read shit!
A telecaster switch would be fine, they have the same footprint of a 5-way Strat switch
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Way-Telecaster-Switch-Tele-Pickup-Selector-Slider-Fits-Fender-Guitar-New-/301169884185?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item461f1fbc19

Do the back of the pickups look like this? You can either cut off the plug on the opposite end of the cable that plugs into the pickup, or just wire the pins up individually. This way you can still use your middle pickup

Personally, I would recommend returning those pickups and we can help you find something else. EMG's passive pickups are very mediocre
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at May 7, 2014,
Getting yourself a 3 way switch wouldn't change anything, you still have to solder it. As long as its a 3 way blade switch you should be good. However, I agree with Flux'd, EMG passives are very lackluster. You're better off with a company known for their passives like SD, DiMarzio, Lace or BKP.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I went ahead and bought a 3 way selector from EMG's website, since of course it's the only switch that'll work with their new "Solderless" pickups... for $40. ****ing bullshit. Will absolutely never buy another EMG product again.

I've heard that EMG's don't have the best passive pups, but the ones I got seem to have generally positive reviews.

Hell, now I'll be pissed if I don't get any wires to connect the switch to the board.

You don't have to use their solderless system. All you had to do was solder to the pins directly or just cut the plug off the end of the cable that plugs into the pickups. $5 switch vs a $40 switch, or you could have just returned the pickups and ridded yourself of mediocre tone at inflated prices.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D

You don't have to use their solderless system. All you had to do was solder to the pins directly or just cut the plug off the end of the cable that plugs into the pickups. $5 switch vs a $40 switch, or you could have just returned the pickups and ridded yourself of mediocre tone at inflated prices.

+1 i hope you like the passive EMG's. i had them in one guitar for a few days and hated them. ended up trading the guitar. to somebody that was like "omg" these black pickups are so cool, is that what zakk wylde uses? i said kind of. he played it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think the H2s have their own kind of charm. I used an H2 set for a few months a couple years ago, I liked them (would never buy them again though, when I can get cheapish DiMarzios instead).

Their H4s are awful though. Just awful.

What'd you get, OP?

On the up side, the switch should work dandy for if you ever want to get their active pickups, most of which are quite excellent.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 8, 2014,
Quote by ploxxies
I went ahead and bought a 3 way selector from EMG's website, since of course it's the only switch that'll work with their new "Solderless" pickups... for $40. ****ing bullshit. Will absolutely never buy another EMG product again.

I've heard that EMG's don't have the best passive pups, but the ones I got seem to have generally positive reviews.

Hell, now I'll be pissed if I don't get any wires to connect the switch to the board.

You really didn't have to do that. Just cut the connectors off the end of the wire, strip the wire and boom, you can solder it to your old switch.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9