I'm having some trouble getting midi channel changes to work on my 50w 5150iii. I have a POD HD500 and a Boss gt-6. I bought the POD recently to use with the 5150iii hoping it would change channels, I even pestered a guy on youtube about it and he made this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFSm6O9htJQ but I couldnt get the same results...

I've now turned to my old school GT-6 and still cant seem to get it to work. I would rather use the GT-6 because the POD has a slight gap when changing presets....anyway!

Ive got the MIDI cable connected to the correct ins and outs, I then go into 'midi mode' on the head. But from there, I select the preset I want on the gt-6/POD (but once again im not interested in the pod so I'm wanting to know about the gt-6) and the head doesnt seem to be 'learning' what patch I'm selecting. It just keeps flashing...

On the video I posted above he says "see it learned it!" and i think I read in the manual that when the head learns a preset the lights flash one after other like a christmas light... I cant seem to get this to happen.

So my question boils down to do I need to change a setting on the GT-6 so my head can communicate with it, or is my head playing up?