hey guys! urgently need your advice. I need a proper amp, preferably with proper distortion, mainly for home. what to buy: Marshall MG 15 dfx (2004 year, 40 eur), vox pathfinder - hardly used, 50 euro, or Soundking ak20 ra, hardly used as well - 35 euro. its urgent! looking forward for your advice! thanks in advance!
A 400-pound guy with a case of serious diarrhea would sound better than an MG, so I'd recommend the other two if it has to be one of those three. Admittedly, I don't know anything about those other two. Also, I'm unfamiliar with Euros (or what you could get with 50 Euros, for example -- it doesn't sound like much).
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Among these, the pathfinder's the best, but each of them suck pretty bad.

How much money can you spend, why do you need it urgently and what do you need it for?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^ the pathfinder's actually not bad, but it's not exactly terribly versatile, and heavier distortion on it doesn't sound so great. it's basically a cheap ac30ish-sounding solid state amp. it sounds pretty good for that, considering its price. just it doesn't really do much else.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks a lot for your replies, guys! well I just wanna play at home, practice etc. - for sure not for performances. I don't want something super awesome since I might be moving out in some time and I counted on 50-69 euros max. I like playing metal (not exclusively though), so good distortion would be nice - I mean if it doesn't suck completely, its ok. do you think pathfinder is ok for my requirements? at least I know its only 3 months old while Marshall is from 2004 year. any clue about Soundking? - there were some nice reviews about this model on the web. thanks a lot!
I'd probably go with the Vox - purely because it is likely to keep it's value best for when you sell it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I wouldn't want the vox for metal, no.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I somehow made up my mind with VOX... is distortion so bad? I mean I don't play only metal, but I like a good distortion sound. I also have a Zoom G1XN Multi Effects Processor - sounds nasty but gives strong distortion.
it's not great

the clean tones up to about ac/dc levels of distortion are very good indeed for a cheap solid state practice amp. above that though, things start to deteriorate...

yeah if you have a pedal you can try that. i doubt it'll make it any worse, at any rate, for heavier tones.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like pathfinder's and I got this amp, hoping it would recreate the tube sound of the bigger vox tube amps, namely my gigging amp, the AC15. I was very impressed. I much prefer to use this amp as a practice amp: it's lightweight, loud enough, great clean sounds, takes my pedal board great, and it's solid state: no tubes to replace.
Buy a Roland Micro Cube now and go busking to earn enough Euros to but a nicer amp when you are ready. They are very small but quite musical sounding and can be found for $50Eu used.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I highly appreciate you help! I just got Pathfinder. so far - so good, I like it. indeed, distortion could be better from perspective of metalhead, but its more than fine for me. thanks a lot!
No worries, glad you like it. Yeah it's actually a pretty decent little practice amp, just it's not all that versatile.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?