Page 1 of 2
Recently in the UK there's been an "outrage" by some people and the media into the fact some Subways are going exclusively Halah meat, and establishments like Pizza Express are selling "ritually slaughtered meat" without telling everyone who eats there.

I personally don't care if i'm eating halal meat without knowing, it's just stupid racist rhetoric making a furore out of nothing, but I wonder if anyone here feels differently?
It's funny because there is always a huge outrage when it turns out some 'halal' meat isn't really halal, according to my muslim bros.

For me, the nature of the slaughter is a bit backwards but not so messed up that it deserves the outrage. Most people would normally not care how it's slaughtered and those that do take it to the extreme of only eating stuff they know is reasonably ethical sourced, so wouldn't even be touching 'normal' cheap meat that restaurants would use instead of halal.

I eat halal meat all the time since a lot of places serve halal as default in London. I'd never buy it for home cause quality is a bit iffy and morally I prefer the free range stuff my butcher does when confronting the actual meat myself, but eating out I don't care about that sort of thing.

It's that same sort of thing where everyone buys free range eggs now, but restaurants still use the caged hen ones cause it's cheap, and no one cares enough to make an issue of it.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
No difference at all....yet I bet if that same place offered 'Kosher' meats, no one would care.....the method of slaughter is quite similar.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Used to eat Halal a lot when I was a kid. I thought it was just a funny name for meat, but then everything changed when the muslim nation attacked.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Food's food
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by EndTheRapture51

I personally don't care if i'm eating halal meat without knowing, it's just stupid racist rhetoric making a furore out of nothing, but I wonder if anyone here feels differently?

read as " i wanna meet every anti-islamic person in the pit"
In the UK the animals are still stunned before having their throats slit, well apparently that's true for about 90% of Halal meat here.

So literally the only reason to be against it seems to be just because it's Islamic
Eating out is an ethical mixed bag in the first place unless you know the head chef. I'm not about to stop eating out.

When I cook myself I try to be reasonable about what is ethical and what I can afford. I eat a bit less meat than I would like simply because I'm not very wealthy as a result. I eat a lot of fish/game my family catches when it is in season which is nice.

I get that halal meat isn't nice, but it isn't like your burger from mcdonalds was any more ethically created.
Quote by Nelshizzle
Used to eat Halal a lot when I was a kid. I thought it was just a funny name for meat, but then everything changed when the muslim nation attacked.

I couldn't help but read this thinking about that cartoon The Last Airbender
Last edited by vayne92 at May 8, 2014,
Quote by sam b
Couldnt give a ****

There's absolutely no difference

This. I guess there's always something to be offended about.
I'm probably answering my own question, but what if I want a chicken bacon melt sandwich in one of those halal only subways? Or pulled pork?
Quote by EndTheRapture51

I personally don't care if i'm eating halal meat without knowing, it's just stupid racist rhetoric making a furore out of nothing...

This is pretty much my thoughts on it. It's just people trying to find an excuse to be racist.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Best of the Daily Mail

Quote by TylerD
So first it`s our meat.. next it`s our country

Quote by Barbara Haines
Halal meat what next sharia law enforced upon us

Quote by Hermione Granger
Religion is weird. It seems that the animals and women suffer most.

Quote by Lester Biggot,
If you are in any way remotely christian then - take my word for it - it is an enormous sin to eat the flesh of Gods blessed creatures that have been sacrificed to strange gods and idols...

Quote by Justin Case
Cancel all of your RSPCA and other memberships untill they will start to listen to what the British people want in Britain!

Quote by susan
First the food industry, then the schools, then the government and in 20 years we will have taken over. Worrying state of affairs and so obvious except to the deaf, blind and dumb government
lol first world problems, I live in China, they give it to you, you eat it and don't ask questions, or you don't eat, I know plenty a vegan who didn't last a month because they were too picky about the food, lost a ton of weight and got really sick ( its also a little funny because the Chinese understand Buddhist vegetarian, which is much more permissive than veganism, and you have to explain it to waiters and its usually followed by 为什么 why? But seriously worrying about stuff like this can really only happen when you live in a quite affluent society
Quote by flexiblemile
I'm probably answering my own question, but what if I want a chicken bacon melt sandwich in one of those halal only subways? Or pulled pork?

you get halal chicken with some bacon sourced from an non halal supplier.

most subways around here are run by bangladeshi guys so they are usually quite careful about keeping those meats away from each other.

same way pretty much as the muslim owned cafe works when they serve bacon and sausages alongside their halal chicken stuff.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
you get halal chicken with some bacon sourced from an non halal supplier.

most subways around here are run by bangladeshi guys so they are usually quite careful about keeping those meats away from each other.

same way pretty much as the muslim owned cafe works when they serve bacon and sausages alongside their halal chicken stuff.

or turkey bacon and beef sausages
I'm not from the UK, so it really doesn't matter. That said, the method of slaughter doesn't really matter all that much to me. It's not going to stop me from eating meat.
Quote by vocoderboy
or turkey bacon and beef sausages

yeah there would be a riot if they did that on the sly, i mean how can you have a fry up with no pork. also lot of the chip shops run by muslim guys usually keep a separate frier for their battered sausages since they know people will get mad if they get stiffed with a non pork sausage. fastest way for those places to go out of business is not serving pork at all.

you only get turkey/chicken sausages if you get something with 'turkish' sausage in my experience.

I've never seen a place serve turkey bacon though.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Weird ass UK. Can't imagine going to a Subway and having meat that was prepared in a religious manner. That's whack
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Weird ass UK. Can't imagine going to a Subway and having meat that was prepared in a religious manner. That's whack

yeah but i bet you have had a salt beef deli sandwich which was Kosher.
Quote by vocoderboy
yeah but i bet you have had a salt beef deli sandwich which was Kosher.

You bet wrong, breh.

Although my point is that the combination of Subway and halal meats is the weird part. I've eaten religiously prepared meats in certain dishes before (I'm a man of the world, after all), but a place like Subway doing that is weird to me.
My God, it's full of stars!
The way the Daily Mail are acting you'd think we're all going to transform into one of those dirty muslamic immigrants for being within a 50 mile radius of a slice of halal meat.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I was lurking an EDL facebook post on this issue and half the comments where complaining that Halal slaughter is 'inhumane'. Like these people ever gave half a shit about how their meat is killed in the first place?
Waaaaahhh...they're being "forced" to eat meat that was killed in a humane manner? Cry me a fucking river, people.

I mean, seriously, shouldn't humans want to eat meat that was killed humanely anyway? So, what's the issue? Is it the fact that these shops are using the words "Halal" or "ritually slaughtered"? If so, get the hell over that.
Most snags here are Beef anyway, pork is too expensive in Australia.

I get steak kebabs from the shop near uni with halal meat in them and they're the best kebabs in the world, hands down.
It's just marketing. They want to get more Muslims in the shop and so they advertise having "halal" meats. Not a big deal tbh, it's not like they banned pork from being sold in their stores.

I donno if they'll really stick to the whole "halal" thing. Halal is basically kosher if you say the word "God" before you do it. Although I've grown up under the belief that anything not done the Islamic or Arabic way is just better.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Waaaaahhh...they're being "forced" to eat meat that was killed in a humane manner?

Debatable.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Waaaaahhh...they're being "forced" to eat meat that was killed in a humane manner? Cry me a fucking river, people.

I mean, seriously, shouldn't humans want to eat meat that was killed humanely anyway? So, what's the issue? Is it the fact that these shops are using the words "Halal" or "ritually slaughtered"? If so, get the hell over that.

I don't know about humane, I think it's just perceived as being humane cuz God said it is, so it must be.

I mean, it's better than killing your kids anyway, that's a little less humane. Guess we gotta thank the big guy for getting us out of a mess that was totally unnecessary and his fault.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
It'd be pretty cool if the UK banned halal as well.
damn u seem salty
ggg1 ggg3

Page 1 of 2