Has anyone here tried an EHX Soul Food? I was thinking of getting one and mainly using it as a buffer for my long signal chain and as an extra boost possibly.
Don't know about that one, but I have the Glove & the East River Drive pedals that were released as part of the same range & they're great pedals.

EHX are always a good buy, you can't really go wrong with that quality at that price. Just get one & try it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at May 8, 2014,
I haven't tried it but I tried the klon ages back and if those are the two things you want out of a pedal, if the ehx version is halfway faithful at all to the original, I imagine you're going to struggle to do much better at that price point.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by metalhead424
Has anyone here tried an EHX Soul Food? I was thinking of getting one and mainly using it as a buffer for my long signal chain and as an extra boost possibly.

Isn't the Soul Food a true bypass pedal like most of EHX

If it is, it means no buffer
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
far as i'm aware it has an internal switch to select either the buffer or TBP. at least, that's what the specs say, anyway I'm assuming/hoping it's the genuine klon buffer, which is pretty well-regarded.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
there are 1000s of post on this pedal on The Gear Page. most seem to feel that the pedal behaves better with buffer on. jury still out on how "Klon" like the pedal is but so far reviews seem good. haven't tried one yet but I haven't ever even seen a Klon so no real reference for my ears to go by. pretty happy with my current overdrive pedals so not a biggie to me.
^ Yeah I haven't tried it either, but I think it doesn't have the germanium diodes the klon does. That could affect the tone a bit. Though I think it doesn't clip at all when the drive control is at minimum (I could be wrong on that, don't quote me), so if you're only using it as a boost that shouldn't make much difference.

I figure at the price it's hard to go wrong, at least for using it as a buffer and boost. Might not be 100% to the klon, but then the klon (and the ktr and even the klones) is far more expensive...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?