La creme de la creme.

Frenchies often get remembered for the LLN and for their depressive cry babies and folk fukk follies. I on the other hand remember this one to stand above many of their peers. Not only was it bad ass in 2005 when it was first released but Yosuke has recently unleashed it on vinyl which was fantastic as I only had the CD copy.

With the first track you'll get a feeling for how wonderful this production is. So many artist and fans alike seem to miss the point on wonderful Metal production. They think oh well I'm playing Black as fukk Metal, who cares about production values?

Well Transilvanian Hunger had perfect production, not shitty production. Wrap your mind around that.

Anyways back on track, this album has a wonderfully clear and warm production despite the Black Metal values and aesthetics. It is wonderfully grim and analog, with no compression in sight.

Darvulia on this album played a lot of dissonant styled riffs that many Black Metal artist were trying at the time, but Darvulia doesn't forget the "riff" part of "dissonant riffs." This really made this album stand out for me. It has the creepy and fukked parts paired and mated with memorable and stand out riffs. Also these blast beats don't get tiresome, and I'm a harsh judge on blast beats. When these songs slow down or go mid tempo, it doesn't feel forced.

Just listen to it.
If you don't like Black Metal, this is enemy ground.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at May 8, 2014,
Darvulia are pretty rad so no complaints on my part. It's difficult to beat the french in their evil sounding black metal and the floating hand with a candle on it.