I've got this cool epiphone (dove) guitar and would like to buy a decent amp for gigs and stuff but I have no idea what makes a good amp for an acoustic guitar.

I can obviously plug my guitar into pretty much any amp, I just don't know what's a good amp for my situation. There's really only 3 effects id be using - chorus, delay and reverb.
Quote by deadsmileyface
get an amp for acoustic guitars yo, they make those.

Thanks. this looks ok. Im new to this sort of stuff.
Acoustic amps are ok, but I'd rather have a small PA system. It'll sound good, you'll be able to spread the speakers out to spread out the sound, and it has multiple functions.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Acoustic amps are ok, but I'd rather have a small PA system. It'll sound good, you'll be able to spread the speakers out to spread out the sound, and it has multiple functions.

+1. I'd get a preamp too. But this way you can run vocals through it too if you're just doing lil solo coffee shop type gigs.

I admit I have no experience whatsoever with acoustic amps. I never bothered cause I already have a powered speaker that works for me. I've learned to never underestimate the value and utility of a powered speaker.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20